Tuesday, November 6, 2007

...and the little one said

...Roll Over!


A few weeks ago I left Luke on the floor after I changed his diaper. And here is how I found him when I came back a few minutes later.



I knew it wouldn't be long before he made it all the way to his tummy. He has rolled over a few times from his tummy to his back, but it has always looked like an accident because his head was too heavy.

Yesterday he learned his new trick! Right before his nap he just rolled right over- Back- to- tummy!





I kind of thought it was a fluke like his tummy-to-back rolling. But once he woke up and I set him down, he immediately rolled to his tummy. And then I flipped him back, and he rolled over again. And again! Then I went to get the video camera to capture the moment.




I rolled him back to his back and of course, you guessed it, he just stared at me. No rolling over. I tried to persuade him, get him started, I even begged. But there was no convincing him. He just looked at me and smiled.




This is pretty exciting for us. Ava never rolled. Maybe not never, since she's almost two and a half and she can obviously roll over. But as a small baby, she never did. I remember at her 6 month well check the doctor said, "And she rolls over, right?". Nope. She could sit up like nobody's business and had since she was 5 months old, but she was not the rolling type.


Luke, on the other hand, is the type. Way to go Luke!

3 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

Keep on rollin' Luke!!

He's looking a little blonde in some of these pix. And a little chubbier. Can't wait to meet him!

ash said...

HOLY COW! We keep thinking of him as this little tiny baby! We are counting the days 'til we see you guys!

Rachel said...

He's growing up so fast! What a good little roller! He's so blonde!