Thursday, May 29, 2008

The last cruise post, I promise, Part III





Okay, Okay, it's time to let this all go... One more post to finish things off and then I can begin dreaming about our next cruise (and there will be a next!)

Remember this picture,


and I said this is where we'll be on Saturday.


Well this is where we were on Saturday.



We got off the boat in Cozumel. The water at the port was fantastically blue!



Unfortunately, the day was a cloudy one so the crystal clear aqua beach water I promised Dan didn't really happen.

But we enjoyed the beach and relaxed regardless.




We even treated ourselves to massages. Very relaxing.



And because we didn't eat enough on the ship, we got a 3 course meal.




And our Pina Colada's to wash it all down. "Sin alcohol, por favor"



Sooo Yummy!


Back in Mexico, eating real Mexican food, my Baby was happy!



Later, under the palapa, as Dan listened to music,


and I dozed,


I awoke to some yelling, "WOOOO! WOOO! WOOO!"

I sat up to investigate and these really drunk rebel rousers were swinging their bikini bottoms over their heads as they swam in the water. Good thing it was a cloudy day!



Then their male companions soon joined them. And then one guy's swim suit got tossed up onto the sand. Dan and I took this as our cue to skidaddle, but we couldn't get our stuff together before seeing this naked guy streak across the beach for his shorts.



Other than that, our beach stop was fabulous!


We did a little shopping and haggling and got what we came for: dress for Ava, toy for Luke, blanket, and real Mexican vanilla.



Finally, docked back in Galveston,


relaxed, content, and ready to see our babies!



From the parking lot:



"Oh, Carnival Ecstasy! You were so good to me! We will be back!"


Meanwhile back at the ranch,



things could not have gone better. Really, I told my mom she should just keep the kids because they were a heck of a lot better for her than they ever are for me!

Luke was devastated as they left, crying big crocodile tears. And Ava tells me, "I want Grandma to come back home."

What a blessing, Mom and Dad! Our trip would have been impossible without you! Thank you for allowing us this chance and giving us the peace of mind we needed to have fun! Thank you, thank you, a thousand times, thank you!



To read Grandma's version of the story click here.

5 comments:

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Yay for trips, Yay for 3yr olds and brothers, Yay for grandparents!

Leah said...

I am jealous, jealous, jealous!! Well, except for that naked man-beach thing!

Jensons said...

I love seeing all your pictures, I am glad you guys had a fun time. Aren't trips like those priceless.

Kalisa

Leslie said...

Being with the kids was worth a whole lot, but you do have me ready to go on another cruise!

dishes and laundry said...

I don't know...the naked man on the beach...I bet all you thought was "this is so going in the blog!"

That food looks so yummy. And you both look so relaxed - I'm ready to cruise.

Glad you guys had such a good time!