1. I got my haircut.
2. Luke threw up some Fruit Loops on my new white shirt just minutes before I taught my lesson today.
Here's a better view of the do,
The haircutter lady promises that I can curl it under, out, and wear it curly. Time will tell but for now both Dan and I are pretty pleased with it.
Here's a better view of the thrower-uper,
3. Ava did her third and final float test this week. Thank goodness they are over. No more! I am not posting the video for anyone, ever. In fact I erased this last one because it's not that fun to watch your 3 year old tread water for four and a half minutes. But, like I said, they're done, she got her T-shirt and that's all she really wanted anyway.
4. My lesson today was less than satisfying. I didn't get to the end, where unfortunately most of the "meat" of the lesson was. We got side tracked by lots of "what if" questions. The girls were sincere and the questions were valid. But honestly, this kind of religious intellectual talk makes me crazy. I feel like the delving into circumstance and logistics in hopes of proving the restored gospel true or false is a fruitless cause. The truth cannot be found in the facts, or in science, or in details, or in what if's. The truth will only be found in your heart as witnessed to you by the Holy Ghost. To some people these types of discussions are interesting, but not to me. I think that in doing so we lose sight of the fact that our Heavenly Father is omniscient and omnipotent and that He requires our faith. And that surely He has thought of all circumstances and all probabilities. And being the just and merciful God that He is, will take care of all things in the best way. Okay, I'm done!
5. Moving on, I killed this nasty thing in our house this week. Time to call the bug man!
Even this picture gives me the shivers. I had one major adrenaline rush as I was getting ready to smash him and Ava kept asking, "Is it a nice ant, Mommy?"
I'd never seen anything like it. He was about 2 inches long and was the shape of a centipede but had the legs of a spider and he was fast! Dan discovered it is a House Centipede. Yuck!
6. We'll be on a plane to Utah in 6 days (also Luke's 1st birthday-I can't believe it!) and we are really excited to see our family!
9 comments:
ewww, bugs. Don't miss them since AZ! Cute hair! What lesson did you teach today?
Have a fun trip!
Cute haircut!
House centipedes are actually "good" bugs being that they are harmless to humans, but they eat bad bugs and other pests. Although one may argue that their creep factor alone makes them worthy of death. I'm surprised you were quick enough to kill it! I tried killing one once, but it got away. Go to whatsthatbug.com to learn more! :)
Luke is such a chubster, I love it! Can't wait to see you guys.
Also, I'm kind of in the same boat with you on the whole "proof" thing. I understand though that many of us gain our testimonies in different ways, so it is useful for others.
What, you're not staying in a hotel until the exterminator comes? That is one creepy bug.
Does anyone in the family remember what I used to do to the spiders in my basement room?
Very cute hair!
Sorry about the Fruit Loop urp.
Sorry about your lesson. We'll talk more about this at the lake - I have a very dear friend whose Mother (!) gave her some book that is sort-of anti Mormon (only it pretends not to be), written by a disfellowshipped guy, that questions everything Joseph Smith said and testified about. She continues to read it, taking everything that this man writes as fact, and it has shaken her testimony to the core. She's really struggling right now, says she feels like the church has lied to her all her life. Over one book! All of a sudden, she's wants proof over faith and it's messing her up big time. Anyway...we'll talk more at the lake.
Ohhh We called them centipiders in Pennsylvania. We all scream when we see them even the boys. But Brayden would kill them for us anyway.I hate them. Get the bug man quick.
I wish you had gotten to what you wanted to teach. I hope you did tell them just what you said in your blog. It is testimony and if they will hear it the spirit can teach them how much the Lord loves them, desires their happiness and that he is aware of their personal circumstances. Good News for all of us. Love you.
Oh you are so beautiful! I love the new hair cut. Your children are so darn cute! I'm sorry that you got thrown up on right before you taught your lesson. I know what you mean about all the "what if" questions. I use to teach Sunday School in my singles ward and I got some really strange "what if" questions. It really is nice when people can just let the spirit touch their hearts rather than asking so many darn questions! :)
I just love your haircut and most of all I LOVE your sweet testimony. We have those cute little centipedes too...gives me the heebie geebies! :)
Robin said it before I could but heebie jeebies is exactly what I was thinking. I actually tried not to look at the picture too much because I can just see myself having that bug crawl into my dreams! EEEEWWWWW!!!! I love you.
When I first joined the Church, it seemed like all the teachings were so logical and everything fit together like a puzzle with no pieces missing. But logic and reasoning do not convert. Conversion comes when the Holy Ghost speaks to out hearts and to our minds and testifies to the truth. Of course I know there are things we don't have answers to, but it seems to me that the most important principles are faith in things that are not seen, obedience, and how we treat others. And the "what ifs" really aren't important at all.
And I love your hair. It's a great cut. You are so lucky you can wear it long or short and it looks great.
That is one freaky bug!!!!!!
Post a Comment