Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Apron and Snaggle Tooth

So my mother in law received her present a few days ago so the coast is clear to post it's picture here.

I finished it late at night when the lighting was horrible.

I kept trying to take a picture myself while leaning awkwardly out of my own light.



Then I got brilliant and asked Dan to take one.




And here is a close up of the fabric from earlier in the day.


I think it turned out cute. There are a few things I would differently if I could. For now I will file them in my mental list of sewing lessons learned, hopefully not to be forgotten too soon.


This past Sunday, Luke continued on the path he has made his own. He was happily climbing up and over the couch, again, and again, and again.

Then glee turned to disaster when he fell with a crack. I ran and scooped him up hoping the sound was not his neck. Which, in thinking about it now, was probably not the best idea if it was his neck. But instinct had taken over.

He calmed down after a few minutes. And the next time he smiled I saw the reason for the noise.

Can you?


"Can you?" What a silly question! Of course you can! He looks like a 1 year old redneck.

I am so not on top of things at the moment. I have not gotten in touch with the pediatric dentist yet. I am thinking that it's probably not protocol to fix a baby tooth. But I am also thinking it's not humane to make him walk around like that for the next 5 years.

Oh Luke! It's always something!

I have found myself more head over heels in love with that boy everyday. Sometimes I go in to peek at him while he sleeps. He is so big! And so beautiful! I still remember his handsome little face the first time I saw it. Oh, he's a piece of heaven. Delicious, naughty, ragamuffin, heaven!

7 comments:

i i eee said...

You look so slim and sexy in your apron!

Poor Luke. I have a feeling he got his dad's accident-prone-ness.

Lara said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the apron. Such cute material. You are a true seamstress if I do say so myself.

Leah said...

Did I ever tell you the story of the kid in our ward who had a front tooth knocked out? Call me. It's funny!

dishes and laundry said...

I saw that apron in person - so so cute. You are a wonderful seamstress! I'm very impressed.

I don't know what the dentist would do for Luke - I'm thinking nothing. Did you find the tooth>

Val said...

Ooo, the apron turned out so cute! I don't know how you make that stuff up! I haven't dared to step away from a pattern yet...but you inspire me, so maybe I'll make the leap soon. As for Luke, he'd be cute with dentures for heaven's sake. :)

emilyaaa said...

i have two things to say and both are so importand that i don't know which one to put first!!!

that apron is absolutely awesome!!! honestly, i love it. the colors, the patterns, the everything--you kick butt!!!!

secondly, you look so slim and trim and smokin' in that apron!!! (and you have yet to really fill all of us big d.e.a.l. followers in on how you've lost your 15lbs mentioned earlier.)

dad is one lucky man. he mom is one lucky MIL. and your kids are two very, very, very lucky kids--snaggle toothed and all! :)

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Those sons of their fathers are just so charming. I know every time I look at mine, in spite of all the frustration and worry they cause, I love them and their father. The apron is beautiful a great retro/modern Leave it to Beaver piece, that will be appreciated much more than any sitcom apron ever was.