
It seems like forever since we've seen my parents. We had been anxiously awaiting their visit this past weekend. And admittedly, one of the things we were looking forward to the most, was Mom's mobile haircutting ability.
Luke pretty much looks like a ragamuffin all the time. I remember seeing raggedy kids in the store with mismatched clothes and dirty faces. And I know I thought, "My kids will never..."
That was probably my first mistake.
He detests being picked at, wiped off, clipped, or groomed in any way. His hair grows at an alarming rate. He spills and drips on every outfit. He is so cute.
In any case, his hair has been out of control, so Grandma's visit was especially exciting.
He, like I said, hates this, can you tell?

And through all of this caterwauling, Ava remained firm in her stance to get a haircut of her own.
So after many, "Are you sure?"'s, we set to it.
She was just about as squirmy as Luke, though at least she wasn't crying.
Here's the before,
the during,
And the after,
She loves her new haircut, and we think she looks pretty cute. This her first haircut ever, so I am saving that long ponytail in her baby book.
And because Luke always seems to be getting ignored, I don't have a solo picture of Luke's "after".
Here's the best I've got and it's not even dry. He looks so much older with this short hair.

Ava had a really exciting day today. Her preschool class sang in their church's worship service this morning. Ava was very into the actions and the singing.
Here she is at home in her favorite "Sunday dress" before the big performance.


And then this afternoon she gave her very first talk in Primary.
I ran through a few scenarios of how that might play out, like complete refusal or even a fit, but I am happy to report that it was truly, "best case".
Even though I'm her mom, I think she did great, holding her pictures and speaking into the microphone.
Maybe there is hope for her yet!
12 comments:
What cute pictures! Love the haircuts! :)
She did a great job on her talk. One of the best Sunbeams talk I've seen (and I've seen a lot!)
I love this post. I miss you guys.
I can't believe you cut her hair! But it looks so very cute!
I love the haircut on Ava! So cute! And what a ponytail to save! And I know exactly what that Luke picture is like in real life!! Hope you had ear plugs!! I think I over use exclamation points...but I think it is due to the excess of feelings I have for you guys!
Tell Ava I love her hair! Keep that ponytail - you'll be like me with a drawer full of hair and teeth.
I will say it again- You really have some beautiful children. ANd that hair. We can only hope sara gets that much by the time she turn 18!
The haircuts looks great. I don't know how I got so lucky. Dallin begs for a haircut any time I get the scissors and cape out. I still remember all of you guys as babies getting haircuts. Leah is right I do know exactly how that picture sounds. Mom's a keeper isn't she? Glad she could visit wish we were there.
cute haircuts!! I remember the screaming haircut days...they do get better. Ava is adorable! She did a FANTASTIC job yesterday!!! AND a BIG HUGE kudos to you mom...you remembered from 2 weeks ago when the assignment was given with no reminder phone call! You are a primary secretary's dream come true! :)
Thank you all for your sweet compliments, and Tara, as a former primary secretary, there are somethings I will never (hopefully) forget!
What a cute cut. Just the right length. Your mom is so talented.
Love the haircuts! You kids are so cute anyway. Long or short hair they both look like models:)
SO...my mom visited this week and we made Emma 3 of those dresses you posted about (made from a man's dress shirt) they are absolutely adorable--I will blog them soon so you can see, thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment