After a quick scan over the past month's small inventory of pictures I was reminded of this very important addition to our family.

Now this was all Dan's idea which both surprises and not-surprises me.
Spurred by a wicked deal in the Sunday paper, Dan talked and ruminated on the idea of buying a new TV. Not surprising.
For days, he mulled it over in word and thought. Not surprising.
One night he went by himself to walk around the electronics store, just to browse. Not surprising.
He even called me from the store a few times. Each time I told him the same thing, "I don't mind if you get a TV, I really don't."
Then he bought a new TV. Very Surprising.
You see our new TV was not in the Colton Purchase Plan until approximately Christmas 2012, maybe even Dan's Birthday 2013. Dan doesn't make frivolous purchases, well ever, really.

But we are now the proud owners of a huge, flat television. He earns the dough, it was a very good deal, and he has wanted one for a very long time. I don't know exactly what got into him, but as I assured him before, I really don't mind. And now we have a huge screen which accommodates Wii play more appropriately than our old TV would have. Yeah, cause he bought a Wii too. But that was with money from a spot bonus at work. Because 2 large electronic purchases from our own account, in 1 week may have caused me to question my husband's true identity.

We had to put it on top of an old dresser that is screaming for a makeover and maybe someday I will get to that. In fact I'm getting the itch to give my whole house a makeover. At least to paint.
Dan is a happy camper and that makes me a happy camper. He works hard for the money. And while money doesn't buy happiness it can buy a really nice way to watch TV.
6 comments:
Way to assert your television manhood Dan. I think one of the conference talks I heard was about upgrading TVs. At least that's the message I heard while I was nodding off.
Congratulations! Way to go, Dan, you deserve it!
Movin' on up!
Congratulations! You and Dan are a little too young for a midlife crisis though. Maybe it's an adult life crisis?
I think the best excuse was the one we used to buy our tv...it is so we can watch conference (and make it look dang good...) :) j/k
Can I come play wii on your spiffy new tv?
Post a Comment