Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day Tidbits and we're off!

Our bags are packed, we're ready to go.

We're just waiting for the Marcks to come pick us up. I am anticipating that driving away as four adults will be the time when it really hits me that we're doing this.

As Luke banged on the shower door this morning and I wiped away a circle of fog to behold his cuteness, I immediately started to miss him.

I just got back from "Mother's Tea" (the Mother's Day party) at Ava's preschool. It was very cute and very fun. When I get home, I will post some pictures. But for now my favorite present was a laminated copy of Ava's answers to questions about me.

Miss Tamara wrote down their answers word for word:

I love my mommy because...I like it when her plays with me

My mommy is happy when...I obey things

My mommy is sad when...I'm being ugly

My favorite thing to do with Mommy is...give her an animal to sleep with

My mommy likes to...make cookies for me

My mommy is special because...I love her

My mommy is...26...years old

My mommy is prettiest when...her puts her make-up on

My mommy likes to make...chicken and noodles

My mommy always says...thank you for my picture

Mommy is funny when she...makes funny faces

If I had lots of money I would buy my mommy... some new earrings

My mommy is the best mommy because...her loves me forever


I am honored to be the mother of my babies. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in my life. Especially the one who is generously taking care of house and home and children while we're away. I love you!

and now, on to the beach!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah for you guys! I hope you have lots of fun!

Lori said...

Ava is so sweet! I love those answers!

BigSista said...

It's nice to get a chance to miss them. Have fun.