Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's On Like Donkey Kong!

First of all thank you to every person who uttered a prayer on our behalf, because they worked!

The ultrasound today found Baby Boy back down where he was supposed to be all along. And rather than take a chance on him changing his mind again, we're inducing tomorrow morning!

It seems like after all this worry and anticipation the reality has really snuck up on me, which shouldn't be the case. I realized today that Ava needed a costume for school tomorrow. Unfortunately, the tinkerbell fabric is still sitting on my desk. So off we went to Walmart tonight to buy her something she would love. I told her she could pick whatever she wanted.


The bride costume spoke to her...as long as she doesn't have to have a baby in her tummy, the bride is right up her alley.


Luke will be The Lion, lovingly sewn by Grandma Linda a few years ago.

I realized tonight, after a really long and not very good day with Luke, that tonight is the last night he'll be the baby. And it makes me a little melancholy.


He has no idea what's about to hit him, either.

And while Ava is excited, she is very stressed about everything; Dan and I being gone, a babysitter, carpooling to school, etc.

This year because of the whole flu fiasco, no children are even allowed on the Maternity floor. That means I won't see the kids at all and they won't be able to meet the baby until we get home. While I understand the reasons behind the precautions, I'm not really happy about them.

I am really anxious, excited, and nervous, to meet this little fellow. And I am crossing my fingers he stays head down tonight. He's already given the impression of a troublemaker and heaven knows I do not need one of those. But truth be told, I think I'll keep him regardless!

6 comments:

Mary said...

I will be thinking of you and your kiddos!

dishes and laundry said...

Good luck today!!! Ava looks beautiful as a bride. We'll be thinking about you all day long - and this new little guy who will forever be having Halloween themed birthday parties. Love you!!

Lara said...

Good luck Elise! I hope things go great. I'm sad about the no kids in the hospital rule, but better safe than sorry, huh. I can't wait to see pictures of #3!

Castaneda 5 said...

Good luck today!

emilyaaa said...

I've been thinking about you all day! You've been in our prayers, as well. HOpe you are your not-so-little family are doing well. Keep us all posted!!

KCK said...

I was working on the postpartum floor a few days ago and we had a family that kept trying to sneak people in! The dad was rather large and so when they opened the door for him, a skinny girl was hiding behind him as he came in.

They were caught, "red-handed" mumbled apologies and then said, "Well, we had to try!"

It's too bad about not being able to have everyone there to celebrate such a joyous occasion, but better safe than sorry!

I've seen several people now who got the swine flu--with no prior medical problems--and ended up in the ICU on a ventilator! So thank goodness we've got the rules to protect these new moms and babies!