Monday, March 15, 2010

Housekeeping and Clean Up Loud Too, Okay?

Tonight I am just sweeping up all the little dust bunnies skeetling around in my head into one nice, neat little pile.

Ava has been saying "forpetely got" the past few days in the place of completely forgot. I can't bring myself to correct her.


I heard Luke rustling around in the pantry today with what sounded like the box of Chiclets gum. When I opened the door, he turned around looking a little surprised and a lot guilty and said, "What doing?"


My milk is going the way of the desert and Max is not a happy guy. In fact, he has been sick this week with his first, and probably not last, ear infection. He can't stand the amoxicillin and screams the whole time we are forcing it down. And then to add insult to injury, I am trying to shove a bottle in his mouth, filled with formula, which he also can't stand. Just the taste of it brings on the gags. He's had a little fever for a few days now and he's just not feeling good.

After tonight's bedtime routine I decided that "all the things" must be documented. After we read a story and say prayers, Ava has to tell me "all the things" she needs to tell me. This saves me from being called back to her room 50, 000 times because she forgot something. "All the things" is a list of things she must say before she goes to bed. The list started small and has had some additions over the last few months. I will just write the classics.

Goodnight.
I love you.
Sweet dreams.
Is my rest not a long time?
Are the shadows nice?
Is nothing scary in my room?
Are there sharks under my bed?
Make sure I have dreams about unicorns.
Do I not have school or church tomorrow?
Make sure there aren't any monsters in my room.
Clean up loud, too, okay?
Coltons Forever

That's right, Baby, Coltons Forever!

4 comments:

The Bown's said...

So sweet, Lynlee's favorite stalling quote, "Have a great time sleeping mom!"

Leah said...

How sweet is all that-except the desert coming on? I have been loving the talking and such around here too!! I hope I can make it down there!

KCK said...

Those are great! Ellie has to read out loud 20 minutes a night, so we've been laying down together in her bed with door shut (to minimize distractions) to read. After reading (or in between sentences) She chatters about her whole day while I drink it in!

Leslie said...

And I always say to Grandpa-----can you put your phone under a cushion or something so I can't hear the emails come in!?! Okay!?!