Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweet Serendipity

This is Leah.



She's my seester and I like her a lot.



This is Ava.



She's my doll baby and I like her a lot too.

Ava was born on Leah's birthday five years ago.





This is Dan.


We've already established that I think he is the best thing ever.



This is Sage. I haven't met her yet, but I already love her.

She was born on Dan's birthday one week ago.



How's that for good timing?


I am being completely spontaneous and impulsive and reckless, just like one of my favorite Wilson Phillips songs taught me to be. Once I saw the pictures of this tiny little one, I bought myself a one way ticket to Indiana.

I will be coming home though. I am not that reckless. I'm driving home with my mom and my Mimi.

Dan, once again, is maintaining his Saint status, by willingly taking off a couple of days of work and spending 5 glorious days with the kids. All three.

I haven't had much time to think about the whole thing, which is probably good because that means I haven't gotten overly worried. I'm holding steady at moderately concerned. Dan is very capable so, everything will be fine. Everything will be fine. Everything will be fine.

Last night we sat down together to make some plans-menu, activities, schedules, etc. I was about to write out Max's feeding and sleeping schedule, when Dan inturrupted me saying, "I think I know how it goes..." and proceeded to recite the whole thing from start to finish including his 5 bottles and 2.5 naps.

If that doesn't give me the confidence I need to go and enjoy my "Mommy Vacation", I don't know what will.

5 comments:

The Bown's said...

Tell Dan to call Billy if he needs a wingman, Billy is an excellent child-helper-person. Have fun and when you get back we should totally jam out to some Wilson Phillips, until you get back I will listen to Hold On!!

dishes and laundry said...

Have a wonderful trip! Impulsive and reckless - wow. Congrats on Baby Sage!

Val said...

Oh my, that picture of baby Ava looking up at you and smiling is unbelievable. It makes my heart smile!

Lara said...

I like that picture of Dan. It has a lot of character. And my uterus does hurt from your following post. Even though I'm surrounded babies, seeing pictures like that just makes me want more!

Lara said...

I like that picture of Dan. It has a lot of character. And my uterus does hurt from your following post. Even though I'm surrounded babies, seeing pictures like that just makes me want more!