Thursday, September 23, 2010

Luke's ears


He doesn't know it yet, but we have to be at the surgery center at 6:30 am tomorrow. And if we are lucky we will be waking Luke up to make it in time as opposed to him waking up at 4:50 am as he did earlier this week.

He is going to get the one remaining tube removed from his ear and have one or both remaining holes in his eardrum patched.


I can't remember the logistics of the first surgery, though he recovered very easily and I'm hoping he'll do alright this time , too. It should be short and sweet.

He has been asking me for a ceiling fan the past few days.

"Mama, I want a cee-wing fan, Mama, pwease?"

I tell him when he goes on the potty, I will get him a fan for his very own room. That, or we'll get him one for Christmas, whichever comes first. And I'm praying it's not Christmas!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Good luck with the surgery. We'll be thinkin' of you guys. His very own ceiling fan? I can't think of a better gift (or prize)! Nothing says I love you...to Luke...like a fan! He should be the spokesperson or something.

Leah said...

Hope all goes well-call and let us know, ok?