Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We shoulda been on House Hunters

House hunting.

Appraisals.

Offers.

Contingencies.

Coughing.

Inspections.

Acceptance.

Mortgage rates.

Earnest money.

Stomach bug.

Contracts.

Ear infections.

Unexcused absences.


I am tired. But happy to be under contract on a new house. It will probably take the rest of this month to get things sorted out. I can't wait to release a big sigh of relief, I'm shooting for November 1.

I finally took Ava to the doctor yesterday. She has had an unrelenting cough that keeps us all up all night. Instead of a teddy bear, for the past two weeks, she has slept with a throw-up bowl which she has dutifully filled every single night. All from coughing.

She has ear infections as well. All from not blowing her nose. She will not blow her nose because she doesn't like how it feels and it scares her. I'm hoping that this two-week sickness will be good incentive for future nose blowing endeavors. Anitbiotics and some powerful cough medicine ought to do the trick, too.

We found a house. And after a little waiting, our offer was accepted. It is all riding on the appraisals of this house, and the company buying us out, and all of it must happen within a certain window of time. There are so many little things that have to work together.

I am so happy to be finished with all of the inspections and appraisals on our end. I cannot, cannot, CANNOT imagine what it would take to put this house on the market and keep it show ready all the time. If there is any amount of mercy in this world, we won't have to find out. I am so glad to have these three days behind us even if it did overlap with much intestinal distress.

Now we just wait. I'm not too worried yet, but I think it is the serenity of this backyard that is keeping me calm.




5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Elise
I am glad you found such a nice looking house. I can't wait to see more pictures. I hope Ava is feeling better soon. You are wonder woman! Talk to you soon!

The Katy Daileys said...

Good luck with it all! Why does sickness always come at the worst times...
We are going to miss you guys!

Leslie said...

I hope it all hurries up---I want to come over and sit out in your backyard!

Castaneda 5 said...

So nice! Sorry for all the stress and sickness though! That's what keeps me from wanting to move even though we need more room. We'll miss you guys but I would totally move to Dallas if I got the chance!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

I want to come sit in your backyard too!