After our move he struggled going to nursery. He is a big boy and he can cry loud. Really loud. Week after week he would cry in nursery as soon as we left. Finally the second to last week of December, the last Sunday we would be in town, he didn't cry.
Which was great and all, but I knew in the back of my mind, the next time he went to church he would be going to Sunbeams, not nursery, and I couldn't help but wonder if we would be back to square one.
Enter the miracle. Sunday came (the same Sunday I was sick at home, breaking our baby's leg). And Dan took both of the kids to Primary. Luke walked right in and sat down, and never looked back.
And he started preschool yesterday at the home of a nearby lady. When I picked him up he said,
"I wub, wub, wub my new cool, Momma!"
And while we're on the topic of Luke, one morning last month, we came downstairs to find that Luke had been busy.
He unscrewed all the light switch covers in the family room and office and left the screws in a nice neat little pile.
And here is the picture I took, also last month of his bed. A true rats nest.
He hunts and gathers and keeps it all safe. Let's take a quick inventory shall we?
Hippo
Elephant
Zebra
sippy cup
2 remotes
1 key music toy
1 empty Christmas tin
1 handheld fan
4 AA batteries
1 calculator, batteries exposed
1 disassembled flashlight
1 pacifier
1 broken necklace
1 toy pliers
1 matchbox car
1 beanbag
shredded sewing plans
1 gear toy
1 semi-truck
2 fan books
And since the time of the photograph it would be necessary to add in the Tool Box, which he sleeps with,
which is also the portable home to 6 remotes, 3 flashlights, 2 screwdrivers, 1 measuring tape, and 1 set of keys.
And now for my personal inventory some of my goals for 2011:
1. Do something physically challenging this year. I'm still deliberating...
2. Not break any more of my kids' bones.
3. Be better about reading my scriptures everyday.
4. Clean the house more often.
5. Not get pregnant. Gotta break that odd-year streak.
5 comments:
Oh my heavens, you made me laugh out loud lady! Your new years goals sound all too similar to mine. :)
I love that Lukey is a collector. I could eat him for lunch he's so cute.
I was feeling a little "Where's Waldo" with that bed picture even though I have seen the same thing going on in some beds in my house...although, not the remotes. Where the heck does he get 6 remotes?
Haha! When we moved and switched satellite stuff we had some extras, also in the move we found some old DVD player remotes and then he's gotten a couple as "gifts"!
Never too late! I love your blog, Elise! Luke is such a cutie pie!
Mr "fix-it" can come to my house and I'll find (or he will) some new "stuff" for his tool box!
Post a Comment