We weren't surprised to find that a few things were different but most were very much the same.
The food:
We ate ourselves silly. We loved to eat breakfast out on the back of the boat each morning. There was still a lot of bacon involved for Dan, though one difference was that this time they had servers for the bacon (probably to save it from bacon hoarders like Dan) so by the last day, Dan was begging me to take bacon even though I didn't want any and give it to him. I gladly obliged.
We ate ice cream and pizza at odd hours just because we could.
Dan made a resolution to eat an apple a day to offset everything else. I think that resolution lasted...one day.
There was a new water slide, which Dan tested out and gave two thumbs up.
Gorgeous blue water:
The shows were still super cheesy and we still got candy to eat each night as we watched them.
Our dining table compadres were pretty okay.
We actually got in the pool this time.
We read and slept a ton.
We decided that we are not the cruise line's favorite customers. They don't make much money off of us once we're on the boat, unless you count the $10 worth of candy we bought. So much money is spent on alcohol it's crazy. I know we create a sort of bubble for ourselves and our family, but I wasn't born in a bubble. Still, I am still slightly flabbergasted by things people do with a little (or a lot) of alcohol in their systems. Probably more entertaining than half the shows on board, I found simple enjoyment from watching all the drunk people.
Shore Excursion:
We went to the exact same beach club on our stop in Mexico. This time the sun was out. The water was blue and the food was wonderful. We got the exact same thing, surprise!
We skipped the massages and just slept and read and swam in the ocean.
Towel Animals:
But it never gets old. These little creatures and the mints always made me smile. What else was so amazing was the ability of our super little steward to get in and out of our room and have the bed made, straightened, turned down, towel creatures concocted, all within a few minutes. We'd leave and come back a few minutes later and it was all done. That guy was like a magician!
Formal Night:
Obviously we are in different clothes. I didn't make my dress, though I did add the lace at the shoulders. I hated the professional picture they took of us this year, despite loving the one from last year.
Occasion for taking pictures of ourselves:
We're so hot together, our camera fogged up.
Either way, the goals of our trip were accomplished-spend time alone together, make up for all the sleep we've lost in the last 3 years, relax, and eat.
And one more thing that's the same:
That one's never gonna change.
4 comments:
Loved this vacation recap so much. Poor Dan, foiled by the bacon police...and the picture of your legs, hilarious. You both look so relaxed!!! Great vacation!
It worked! I'm jealous! SO happy for you guys too. It LOOKS like it was amazing. I must say, those legs look fantastic. What a perfect way to vaction...food, sleep...and then to wake up and do it all again! That's is what I call a perfect story.
You're so cute :)
another same thing...I'M JELOUS! lol. I'm glad you had fun though!
Post a Comment