Monday, August 29, 2011

And Then There Was One



Today was Luke's first day of school. He'll go Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings from 9-12 or 1 at a local Methodist church school, which I have heard nothing but rave reviews for. And I'm not gonna lie, I have been fantasizing about the all the different things I will be able to do with just one kid.

Luke was brave this morning. I could tell he was hesitant and nervous (and I won't be giving his teacher any "best teacher ever" titles) but he went without a fuss.




One more stop at the parent orientation and then we were freeeee!

But as we sat in the sanctuary, a vision of reality came over me.



Max wallowed on the floor, whined for his bottle, emptied my purse, pulled out the hymns books and bibles from the back of the pews, tried to scribble again and again on the donation sheets, scattered the prayer requests under the surrounding 3 rows, all the while, loudly saying things, like "NO! Noooooo!" or droning out the director as she spoke with his long winded whines.

At the point I could no longer stand to track down one more paper, or shush one more yell, we left in a hurry as he screamed.

And then I realized, all that stuff I was hoping to accomplish this fall, under the premise that I only have one child? Well, it's probably not going to happen because my one little child is a pill.



An exciting, growing, distracting, demanding, adorable pill!

5 comments:

Leah said...

It was the grocery shopping that I always got done and just because I could stick him in the cart and he couldn't get out. All screaming and whining was ignored-and the dirty looks from other shoppers who weren't so practiced at the ignoring-and I got the shopping done without anyone running off or pulling things off the shelf. (Sat. solo shopping also came around about then too.) Good luck with all your plans-he will be growing and maturing this year too, so things that you don't get to do right now may happen in a few months!

Bebe McGooch said...

Ahhhh, but the cutest little pill there ever could be!

Leslie said...

Max is the bomb!

Val said...

I didn't think a little boy could get any cuter than Luke.....but Max is giving him a run for his money! Oy! I just wanna scoop him up and squeeze him!!

The Katy Daileys said...

So, so, so cute, but I also absolutely "get it!" Last year I was you! I agree with Grandma Leslie!