Thursday, September 15, 2011

Some Things To Get Excited About

I started composing this list for its own sake, but as the morning has gone on, I am using it to cheer myself up from two dumpy things:

1. I went for my first run in 3 weeks today and only made it a mile before my knee was crying. And now it is so sore. Off to the doctor, I suppose.

2. My beloved camera is on the fritz. I have no idea what the problem could be or how or where to get it fixed. All I know is that sometimes (with increasing frequency) I push the button and tell it to take a picture and it completely ignores me. And I am suspecting that the light meter is a little off too.

So now onto the good stuff:


1. There is a wild bunny nest in our front yard! Ava came to me as I buckled Max into the car this morning, convinced that she heard baby birds chirping when she stood at a certain spot in the yard. Upon inspection we realized that she was standing on a baby filled rabbit hole. Hence the squeaking. Well, we didn't actually see the babies because there was something a little scary about sticking my hand down a hole. But I can imagine that as they grow this next little while we will be able to catch a glimpse and maybe get some pictures. Oh! My camera! Don't remind me! Moving on...

2. The unidentifiable death-like stench in my van that had been driving me crazy and making us all feel queasy for weeks has finally been located, identified, and eradicated! It just took one crazy hard stop to send the baggie of old cheese and apple slices rocketing from it's still mysterious hiding spot!

3. Ava has joined the ranks of the independent shoe putter-on-ers of America! I finally bought her some longer laces and that did the trick! She can tie her own shoes! In double knots even!

Happy Thriday!

2 comments:

wholehappyfamily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wholehappyfamily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.