Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Armadillos and Love

Who volunteers to fork over a significant amount of money to send his wife on a dream vacation for 8 days, take 5 and a half days off of work, assume sole responsibility for 3 preciously needy children, and have the gumption to say he is excited for her?

This guy.


As sad as it is true, I can't imagine if roles were reversed, that he would be able to say the same thing about me.

Since I leave tomorrow, preparations are in full swing.  That means, last minute packing and shopping, Ava's post-op appointment, meal prepping for the family while I'm gone, and constructing an armadillo from a milk carton and card stock.

Dan says he can handle the rest of Ava's make-up homework, as long as the armadillo she needs for her Texas research project is finished before I go. So between layering the lasagna, we are taking aim with the glue gun.

And all through this day I have been going back to my initial question,  who does this?

This man is crazy! And wonderful!

We say this arrangement came out of our agreement for a dog, but I know that he is really doing it because he loves me. Which is convenient because I could practically have a coronary, I love him so much. I really can't imagine what I could have done to deserve such a fellow.

2 comments:

Dan said...

I love you. Don't be shocked if we have a labradoodle when you get home :)

Bebe McGooch said...

Oohhhhhh don't tell me you guys are getting a labradoodle! I'll be doubly jealous! Totally the same type of dog I want. :) (Not that I want a dog right now, but if we get one, I'd want a labradoodle.)

The other women in our family have said it, time and again: Dan is a saint.

Have fun!