Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Run-Down of the Run of the Mill




I'm looking forward to the return of my mind today! Who knew that a little toilet overflow in the tiled downstairs bathroom could lead to sopping wet wood floors in the kitchen and the foyer? Which, in turn, would lead to 4 straight days living with 3 industrial fans and a dehumidifier running at approximately the same decibel level as a 747.  Thankfully, the flood restoration guy is coming to retrieve his equipment this afternoon. I'm not saying there won't be any yelling in our house after today, but I can say that there will be less "CAN I WATCH ANOTHER SHOW ON VOLUME 75?" and more, "Can you make me a quesadilla?"  My mind is so jarred from the conversational screaming and roaring of motors, I am recording the memories I've got while I still can. Because of course I don't want to forget about Europe, or our first camping adventure, or our upcoming trip to Sea World this weekend, but I also don't want to forget how General Conference this year was a far cry from last.  

Unfortunately our tent only served as a venue for the kids to fight and whine.  And we heard hardly a word or a song.





I don't want to forget how Dan continues to be the best toy my kids have ever received.

                                      





How Max wouldn't take the basket off is head for our Egg Hunt picture, 

                              


but opened right up when I asked him to show off his candy.




I don't want to forget how I had to be all sneaky and scrape out the apparently-too-old-and-seemingly-un-meltable marshmallows from our baked Resurrection Rolls so as not to ruin the symbolism for the kids.





How Max wanted nothing to do with getting his picture taken on Easter.


                                         


                                         


Or how proud Luke was when he set the table all by himself.


                              




I can't forget the day I knew the boys had eaten too much toast,



but I just kept making it.



Or when Dan was so distracted he mixed up a whole gallon of chocolate milk for Ava instead of just a cup.






I don't want to forget how Lukey wanted photographic proof that his eyes were blue.




 Or how great Max is at getting himself "ready to ride"




I'd hate to forget how cute Luke looked in his wig for "W" Show and Share day.



Or the conversation I overheard in the van the other day when Luke said something crazy.

Ava: Luke, you sound like you lost your marbles!

Luke, laughing: A-va! I don't even have any marbles!

3 comments:

emilyaaa said...

oh, elise--i LOVE reading about all of your run-of-the-mill daily events. And i've loved reading about your European adventures, too!! And your camping trip? that was awesome! You've inspired us to give it a try...once our baby stops acting like a newborn at night! I especially love reading about your hatred of texas' fire ants. And hope to soon read about the unbearable summer heat, and anything else that increasing the chances of you relocating to, oh, say Denver!

Dan said...

Just for the record - I didn't mix the whole gallon of milk. I just put in a little bit of chocolate sauce and then I realized my mistake....

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I love reading your blog!! It was nice seeing you at Sea World!! don't forget to call me next time you guys come. Did you get to see baby shamu?? I hope so. She was very cute and knew already all the tricks :D