Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Family

It is my opinion that in life, we are lucky if we have a handful of close, true friends.

They are the ones who despite separation of space and time, continue to care about you and when reunited, don't miss a beat. They are the ones to whom you can write emails that are completely un-proof read or censored because they know if you said anything offensive or stupid, you really didn't mean it.  They're the ones you can call from the toilet when you're bored (not that I have ever done that). They are the ones who love your kids as much as someone not related to them could.  They are the ones who have seen the best and the worst and love you either way.

I am lucky to have a few of those. Sometimes, I like to to hold them in my hand, shake them around, and listen to them clank together like dice.  It's calming and comforting to know that they're in there. They may be small in number, but they are enough!

This weekend that same luck brought me Val!




It's been a while.

About 2 years.

We didn't do much more than hang out and talk and pretend that we get to see each other everyday, even if it was only 3.

I don't have any pictures of us together.


But I do have these pictures she took of our family.




 I love these pictures!













I love my family!





And I love friends that might as well be!




1 comment:

Dan said...

Good-looking family :)