Friday, February 8, 2013

The February Blues

January always gets a bad rap but I've never thought it was that bad.  Maybe because it's my birthday month?  I know, it's kind of the let down after the excitement of the holidays, the time for resolutions and what not, but to me, it's really February that I dread.

Historically, February has been really bad to us.  You've got time to waste? Go ahead and click back on either of the past two years and the month of February.  It's not pretty.

Remember, last year, I was sick with the mystery illness which was compounded by a ruptured appendix and a weeks stint in the children's hospital.

February 2011, was the epic list of ailments.  Let me look back and list them again just to be dramatic:

5 ear infections
3 strep throats
1 uti
1 case of pneumonia
1 case of salmonella
1 sinus infection
1 flu

I had really hoped this one would be different.  Why not, too?  It even holds the possibility of the birthday of our new baby. But now that it's day 8 of February 2013 and we've already experienced our first foray into the world of head lice and Max has contracted the other type of flu (A this time), I am not holding my breath, but I am crossing my fingers that by some miracle, the other kids can escape it.  In fact if anything makes me want to stay pregnant longer it's just the hope of saving my baby from a birthday in February.

But right now, having a baby seems a million miles away.

 I'm  just feeling bad for my boy.



2 comments:

Dan said...

Good thing it is a short month :) Hang in there!

Bebe McGooch said...

My heart breaks for Max. And you. And I guess being in a warmer climate during flu season doesn't stop the ills.

We're thinking of you guys, and your new little one! Sending love and hugs and prayers.