Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Oh, hello there, Reality.

And here we are, 5 weeks and 2 days out. I'm at the point were my life has gotten away from me. It's temporary I know. But today, I surrender!  It's over.  And it's official, the lights are on, but nobody's home.

 I can barely stay awake, the baby is crying because he hasn't pooped in two days, Max needs help putting on his cape for the 4,000th time today, I'm trying not to pee my pants while I pour Luke's cereal because I have the 2nd UTI since Finn's been born, I missed the call back from the nurse because my phone was dead, I ran through the pouring rain into the store with Max on one hand and lugging a carseat in the other, to buy items for our trip to Kentucky tomorrow that I am not ready for, and ran back through the rain, the same way, both from the store and into the preschool to pick up the kids, and come home to put the groceries away and find Ava's lunch which I apparently forgot to stick in her backpack this morning, which reminds me that I missed getting Luke registered for Kindergarten because I'm not in possession of his birth certificate, or his shot record for that matter.  I try not to think about the stack of Thank You notes on the counter that aren't getting written or mailed, or the baby gift for a friend I need to finish and get in the mail, both of which were items on my to-do list that I swore would get done before we left town. I cracked an egg into the carton yesterday instead of the frying pan.

And here's where I should use my wit for some clever wrap up, but you'll have to forgive me, I'm fresh out.

3 comments:

Bebe McGooch said...

When it rains, it pours, right?

You are amazing, Elise! I look up to you so much!

The Katy Daileys said...

Don't forget the first six weeks is the hardest, it gets better from there (I know, I know, it is your fourth kid so you know this, but sometimes we forget). AND, it really takes a year to get back to normal with a new baby. You are doing great to just keep everyone alive and moving through the day, let alone a trip! So, I think you are doing MORE than great! All those other things will get done...eventually! You are an awesome, amazing mother who is keeping all the balls in the air better than most (just not the egg in the pan). :0)

Leslie said...

And you have to think of a new name for your blog.....