We got Spiderman sheets in celebration, at his request. And all is well in the boys room these days.
Second of all, it has been brought to my attention that this blog needs a new name. I really had no foresight when I originally created it. And I guess I didn't learn my lesson when I renamed it the second time. So it's time for name number 3. Max isn't little anymore and Finn has joined the ranks. I'd love to just ponder a minute and come up with something clever myself, but if I haven't made it clear enough, I'm wading through some serious brain fog these days. I won't tell you how I forgot to put the van in park and had to chase it down the driveway or completely forgot about Luke's doctor appointment. So that's where you come in. Hopefully.
This used to be a place where I could ask for advice or input or even just tell a story and you guys talked back. Nowadays, I could probably announce that I grew a full size Siamese twin and all that would happen is a chorus of crickets chirping and maybe a tumbleweed would blow by.
But don't worry I'm not bitter.
Dan tries to reassure me and say it's because people don't blog anymore. That we should blame Facebook. I can see that. If nobody's out there reading, that's fine. That would feel better than the alternative, because if you are still out there, it kind of feels like you all are laughing at me from the shadows.
Maybe I should start posting tutorials on making home decor out of old toilet paper rolls that you can pin on Pinterest. Or putting ads on my sidebar and hosting contests and giveaways. Which could be cool except I don't know how to make decor out of toilet rolls and I have nothing to give away.
Maybe I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Yeah, that sounds good.
Hopefully, you can tell this was written with my tongue in my cheek. Seriously though, I don't write for comments (the real reason I blog was explained back here), but to those of you who talk back now and again: Thank you, you make blogging a little more fun :)
So I'm opening up my vulnerabilities and asking:
Do you have any ideas for a new name for this blog?
If nobody's out there, then I am asking in vain. But if you are out there, dust off your blogger account, sign back in, and help a girl out.
Otherwise, I might have to resort to Facebook and that just doesn't seem right.
12 comments:
Elise! Please keep writing on your blog. I am always so excited to see you've posted and I love your writing. I always end up feeling uplifted and encouraged as a mom!
Not sure what you should name the blog but it could be titled "Worst Blog Ever" and I'd still keep reading...
Boo to Facebook! Please keep on blogging - I love your stories and your pictures and it makes me feel a little bit closer to far away family.
And sorry, I am out of clever names.
Wait, here's one...Big DEAL MaFiA
Ma for Max and Fi for Finn and then just add a pet or another child with an A name. Call it good. Plus, it sounds kinda gangsta. Maybe. Never mind.
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Lone Star Mom (not to imply that you only rank one star!)
Lone Star Coltons-We Shine Big and Bright
The Colton Chrysanthemums (don't ask:)
Watch Out for the Six Shooter-It's a Loaded Colton!
Colton Classics
Football, Fotos, and Fun Makers
Colton Crashcourse
Ok, yeah, I will have Chris think on this some more:)
i'm pretty sure that Leah just came up with the most clever options available--especially the loaded colton one--LOVE it!
And please don't ever stop blogging! I feel like all the peeps who got me into this whole blogging business have abandoned me in this blogosphere! Please don't join them! Not to mention that we BOTH remember the vision I had (let's use that word, since "dream" doesn't sound nearly as important) and take note that facebook just isn't the same. Your family history, your legacy, your wit and your stories cannot be captured in facebook like they can here! (or can they? maybe I should learn a bit more about facebook before I make such statements...my visions only cover so much of the internet)
So please keep blogging. Rename your blog if you must. I have no clever suggestions. I just keep thinking that your name rhymes with Michael Bolton and the word "sultan"--both of which seem to lead to dead-ends. Your son's name means "the end" in some language, so maybe you could go with that? But whatever you come up with, I'm sure it'll be great. Just keep the posts coming, whatever you do :)
Elise, your blog is the only one I get excited to read! I love your stories, and your insights. And it makes me want to blog again. I'm just not very good at keeping my blog from being all emo and "woe is me." I'd love it if I could blog like you, but I'm so slow at writing anything worth reading these days, I don't feel like I have the time. Or rather, I want to watch Dr. Who instead.
Anyway. Please keep blogging when the brain fog permits it now and then. I tried to be clever and come up with a new acronym/anagram? for your blog, but alas, my three remaining brain cells are well, I can't even finish this thought properly.
So love you guys. And Hooray for Max transitioning to a big bed.
Also, giveaways are lame and overrated. (Except the giveaways on my favorite toy blog, because I've won things twice from that thing, ha! But I don't mind that because it's basically a blog about products anyway. I really despise blogs that are trying to sell their family's souls for more hits and ad revenue. Bleh. That's why I love your blog, it's just you, honest and open and real, and not trying to sell me anything. And well, you're family, and I love you.)
Your blog is a favorite of mine. I always get excited when a see a new post. I have been having the same problem...lack of frequent viewers on my blog. My own family have pretty much left our beloved myfamily.com family website for facebook. It stinks! But, I am glad you will still be writing and brightening our days and making us laugh and cry with you! You are awesome! I will put some thought into a name, but I am on my last brain cells right now. Remember, I have two teenage girls! AAAAAAHHHHHHH! :)
How about "Mad Elf" for the blog title? Kind of catchy.
I think Dan has a winner:)
Don't stop blogging! Like Rachel, your blog is the one I get excited about reading.
We call you the Texas Coltons, which is far from original, but gets the point across ;)
Love you guys!
Ummm I think the Idaho Colton's would be THE BEST! No new children required just a change of address!Danavamaxelufin! You Rock video radio and the blog and Facebook too!
Elise, I love your blog! Please don't stop, and maybe one day I'll start blogging again. It makes me feel like we're in the same boat juggling life, kids, family, church, friends, etc. I don't have a catchy name for the blog but I always love reading it!
Post a Comment