On the plane home from visiting my high school friend, Amy, in Florida this past weekend, the man seated next to me asked if this was Finn's first flight. I realized this was his fourth trip (who knows how many planes? 10, maybe?) before his 7th month of life.
He's a well seasoned traveler already. He is a very snuggle-y and pleasant plane riding companion and I guess I'm really getting my money's worth out of him before he hits the toddling phase when the only thing he'll want to do on an airplane is get down and walk around.
For now, he rides quite happily, tucked in his sling. Every passenger who sits near us probably fills with fear as they see us approaching and realize their seat mate has major scream potential. But I'll tell you what, if he doesn't have the surrounding six rows gooing and gahhing and oohing and ahhing by the end of the flight, my name's not Elise.
In fact, I'm pretty sure one woman got off the plane, walked straight into the bathroom and flushed her birth control right down the toilet. He's pretty much anti-birth control.
This past week saw the arrival of his two bottom teeth.
And at his 6 month well check we found he'd hit 18 pounds and 28 inches, which means he gained 4 pounds and I can't remember how many inches, in 2 months. That bumped him up to the 60% for weight and the 75% for height, I believe.
He is sleeping better than he was a few weeks ago. I realized a while back that my attempt to switch his paci to a Nuk instead of the big green hospital one, was a mistake. When I realized my error, I switched him back. And now he is finding it much more comforting at night which is helping the sleep situation a bit.
He did pretty well on our little trip this weekend. He was happy as could be and so content! As long as I was holding him, that is. He pulled out the bottom lip and tears if anyone else tried to hold him, sometimes even just looked at him, though by the last day he was warming up.
The trip was short but sweet. I got to sit on the white, fairy sand beach,
And they took me to all their favorite restaurants, many of which were right on the water.
I have to say it was one of my most delicious vacations ever.
And this trip was extra special because I got to meet the miracle baby, Branwen.
Amy's husband had primary brain cancer a few years ago. Not only did he beat the odds to survive and thrive, they were told they would never have children. But little Branwen has proven otherwise.
They are such a cute, happy little family and couldn't be more deserving of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment