Monday, November 3, 2014

Luke's 7 Year Pictures


When we lived in Texas, the end of June was way too hot to take Luke's birthday pictures.  So I put it off until things cooled down.  In reality, I put it off until Max's birthday approached and I remembered that I never took Luke's, so his pictures were always carefully taken around pumpkins and fall decor in the background.

Old habits die hard, I guess.  It's nice in Colorado during the summer.  But Luke's pictures got put off again, just like always.  I finally took them on November 1. In a way, maybe it's good because it still remains a yearly glimpse.  Now I just have to get Max's in before winter hits.  The snow falling this morning isn't making me feel too confident about that.

But here's Luke in his toothless, beautiful, 7 year old glory...





Obviously he needs new jeans. 































For some reason this one reminds me of a freshly hatched chick.















And this one looks exactly like pictures of me when I was younger.







I think I should sell his face to magazines to pay for his college fund.































And this one just flat out cracks me up.















































To make him smile, I asked him who was the prettiest girl in first grade.  His reply? "Miss Lere," his teacher.  

Then I asked him who was prettier, Miss Lere or Mommy?  He laughed for a minute and then said, "Mommy."

Don't tell anyone one but I think he's my favorite, at least for today.



4 comments:

Val said...

These are fabulous, as usual! I need you to fly down and take my kids pics :)
Luke is just too cute and sweet. And that pic that cracks you up?? Um yeah, cracked me as well...I think he's channeling his inner Dan in that one ;) he may steal the spotlight from dans calendar ;)

Leslie said...

My boy..... : )

Unknown said...

They don't come any more handsome than this. Fantastic pictures!

ash said...

Oh, I love it when the two front teeth come out at the same time! He is darling no matter when you take the pictures.