Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Finn, Jack and the Tale of his First Food

 I was emptying my camera from today's escapade and saw these pictures of Finn that I had completely forgotten about.  I love them because they are just so him.



My mismatched, ragamuffin, blanket dragging,




doe eyed lover baby.






 And I can't forget Jack.



Loving to suck and chew on his fingers,  



Wiggly like a worm, and he even rolled over for the first time yesterday, back to tummy.   That's a miracle in and of itself because he hardly sees the floor and doesn't even know what "tummy time" is.  I'm not neglectful, it's the opposite actually.  Leaving him on the floor is leaving his life in the hands of his big baby brother and the trampling feet of everyone else.  But not only has he survived, in his limited floor play he has apparently developed some muscles.



I love him so much my heart feels like it weighs 300 pounds. 





 I've contemplated never buying anything larger than size two diapers and forcing him to stay in 3 month sleepers indefinitely, even if his toes poke holes and hang out.




It is killing me to think of him growing up.  I cannot believe this is my last baby. 



But always the voice of reason, Dan has reminded me that the end had to come sometime, I can't have babies for ever.






And the only thing perpetual size two diapers are going to do is make a big mess.  







But really, is it even humanly possible to blame me?  He is my sweetest little bunny. 



And today, he moved one step closer to college, marriage, a job, and sleeping in his own room.  
I can't even handle it.    






Today was rice cereal day.







Oh, hey, Mom.   Yeah, I'm just chewing on my fingers but I see you've got me in my bumbo up here on the table. 





You need something?






Wait, what? You want me to "try" something? 



  



You know I'm always up for an adventure! Bring it on!






Alright, here we go! This is okay...this is....







...this is not exactly great...





Yeah, this is not actually very good.





Like at all.  What were you thinking?!





I'm a little put out with you , Mom, but oh, here's my big brother!




He can make me forget about anything. Including nasty "food".




All he has to do is look at me, and smile and give me a hug,




And all is well in the world again.




Just don't ask me to "try" anything else for a while.