Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Little Picture Buffet




This is the smorgasbord that is our life.  Buckle up, we're going for a ride...





When Max isn't pushing people's buttons and making us crazy, he's a pretty fun brother to have around.








Finn likes yogurt.  And wearing his brother's soccer jersey.





Finn also enjoys shoes.  Especially when they're not his. Word to the wise, start looking for your shoes at least 10 minutes before you need to leave the house.







I had a horrible realization as I watched Luke walk into school on one of the last days.  The poor kid had unknowingly worn his little brothers jeans to school.  I prayed that the other little first graders would be just as oblivious as he was and not notice the skin hanging out between his pants and his sock.  When he got home, I broke the news.




"Luke, I think you accidentally wore Max's jeans to school today."  And then he walked over to me, pulled out the tag, and showed me the 8. The size jeans that he wears.  Er, wore.  

Poor Elise, had unknowingly watched her child grow right before her eyes.  




After realizing that Max had been in the bathroom for nearly 45 minutes, I called through the door asking if he was okay.  He assured me he was.  "What's the hold up then?" I said.  "Well, Mom. I just don't want to wipe my bottom because it's so gross."  I've seen a lot of procrastination in my days, just never about this.





I continue to have more laundry than seems humanly possible to produce.  I feel the upcoming purge in my bones.  This one's going to be big, folks.

The only good thing about it are the smiles it brings to Jack when we plop him in the middle of the laundry mountain.




Sometimes, Jack falls asleep touching my face and I want to freeze time.  The best I can do is take a picture.




Max's girlfriend, Anna moved away.  Yet, not two weeks later, Kamryn has stepped into her place.  And the funny thing is, that while he is worthy of the name "Ladies Man", he doesn't do the pursuing.  He's not running away though either, obviously.





I really like this kid.






 This dot to dot made Luke so happy.  All 1,476 dots.





I realized not long ago, that these two are the miniatures of two of my older brothers. 

 Luke is the brainy, analytical, rational, little Bret.  

Max is the talkative, charismatic, loveable, little Ian.  

With Bret and Ian as the pattern, I already know how this story turns out.  I hope they stay really great friends.



A poor little frog got stuck in our window well.  Ava surprised me by not batting an eye at picking him up for the rescue. 











Finally, after waiting through and endless winter and a May snowstorm, walking weather is back and we love it!






1 comment:

Bebe McGooch said...

Cute pics! I will have to tell you about the laundry system that a lot of my homeschool friends are converting to. I'm slowly converting, since I have a lot of piles to purge first, but there are things about it that are pretty awesome. Might be something you're interested in. :) Can't wait to see you guys!