The danger in not blogging frequently, for me, is that in the absence of necessary brain cells, I lose track of details.
Luke's baptism was wonderful. I'm sure it was. If only I could remember what happened. Let's see, perhaps if I retrace my steps...
The week started off with Girl's Camp. I was the Laurel advisor (I have since been been put in cub scouts which is a different blog post entirely. And at the rate I'm going it will be published next Spring. Or never.) But anyways, I went to Girl's Camp. And had a fun time, didn't get much sleep, and missed the camp experiences of my Texas past. Camp in Dallas was truly an inspired endeavor, and sometimes you can't appreciate something fully until you don't have it anymore. The way the Stake operated and involved the girls, from beginning to end, made a difference I won't forget. Still camp was enjoyable.
Okay. So. I went to camp and had a fun time and then late Friday night, after testimony meeting, I returned home at 12:30 am in preparation for Luke's baptism the next morning. While I had been at camp, both my parents and my in laws had arrived in town.
In the morning, I prepared the talk on Baptism, got everyone dressed, and we were on our way.
Luke shared his baptism day with another boy in our ward named Andrew. His mother gave the talk on the Holy Ghost.
When I got up to speak to those boys about baptism, I was impressed to tell them that the Lord had a great work in store for them to do. I felt the Spirit so strongly as I looked into their faces. I know they both have wonderful things ahead of them.
The boys and their siblings then sang, I am a Child of God and it was lovely. Even Finn could participate because that is one of his favorites.
Following the baptism, we had a few of the boys' favorite treats, brownies (made by Ava the Baker) and root beer floats.
I told Luke he could choose how we spent the rest of the day. He decided on a hike with the family in El Dorado Canyon, followed by hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill at home.
It was wonderful to have our parents in town to celebrate with us.
For months leading up to Luke's baptism we talked about the significance of the promises he would make. And even moreso, the significance of the promises that the Lord would make in return. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father whose plan covers every detail and provides for every mean of getting us back to Him. And for a Savior whose willingness to complete and sacrifice for that plan, for us, enables us to draw closer to heaven, everyday if we'd like. And I'm grateful for a son, who at the tender age of 8 years old, recognizes the importance, even if not fully, enough to make this choice to follow Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment