Monday, April 30, 2018

Bye Bye Blogger

For the first time in Big Deal's 11 year history, this moving announcement is not about our actual house, but the actual blog.

If you know me, you know I've missed writing here.  I finally figured out what was holding me back, besides the fact that time is basically in warp speed right now.

My time, "me time" (and when I say "me time" I'm referring to any time that I am not actively doing something for someone else. It's the moments squeezed between making someone's toast, wiping a bottom, picking someone up, answering a school question, breaking up a fight, etc) comes to me in snatches of about 10-15 minutes.

The thought came to me, that instead of mindlessly scrolling through Facebook, I could put that time to good blogging use.  Excepting for one thing.

Those 15 minutes snatches were rarely ever convenient times to sit at the computer.  And when they were, none of my pictures were on there because I haven't uploaded them since 2015 (see above).

If only I could blog from my phone. Blogger's app hasn't worked for years. A quick search revealed that Wordpress does have an app and a mobile blogging function.  They also showed me how to move my whole kit and caboodle over in about 2 minutes.

Done and Done.

And since I've had two more kids whose  first initials add no value to our Big Deal situation, I'd love to see you over at:

www.scootersinthekitchen.wordpress.com

Farewell, Blogger! It's been real!

No comments: