Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween

"HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" That's what Ava said when she got up from her nap yesterday afternoon and I told her it was time to put on her costume. She walked around saying to most people she saw, "Dis my poodle skirt!" She was SO excited.




Yeah, yeah, wasn't she a poodle skirt girl last year? Yes, she was and the skirt still fit, and we moved so nobody who saw us last year would see us this year... so why change a good thing?

Which way to the Sock Hop?



Luke was a dalmatian. I guess he was excited too or maybe he just wondered why I was putting eyeliner on his nose.


Me and my Puppy


We stopped at a few of our neighbor's houses before heading to the church for Trunk-or Treat. The model home for the neighborhood is 2 houses down and, Joe, the guy who sold us our house, came outside with candy for Ava. He gave her a chocolate eyeball. And as she walked down the street she said, "I show Mama Ninda dis my iceball." So Grandma Linda, here is Ava's iceball. She really wanted you to see it!



At the church there were a few games and booths and of course the trunk or treating. Ava enjoyed this clown.



Luke enjoyed everyone "oohing" and "aahing" over him.





Ava pretty much wanted to sit down at every car and eat the candy that was put in her bag.
She did manage to make it back to our car before settling down.





Dan and I were a little nervous about the candy situation because she has inherited her mother's sweet tooth. But her favorite thing from last night was this glow stick she got (it was glowing purple but the camera flash made it not show up). In fact, the first thing she asked for this morning was not candy, she said "where's my stick?".


All in all, a fun night for everyone! Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

So cute - and so fun when they are little like this.

Clowns are scary, by the way.

Lulu said...

Ava, what did the iceball taste like? You and Luke look really cute. I love to see all the pictures. I can't wait to give you and Luke a big hug.

Lori said...

Elise, you're kids are adorable! I think the best part of having little kids at Halloween is showing them off!

Melissa Wilson said...

Ava's costume looked familiar but I didn't realize that she wore it last year! She looked so cute. I think Emma might have to wear a 50's girl outfit next year (once she can pull off the ponytail look, like Ava!) And Luke is just the sweetest baby in the world I love the close-up of him!

emilyaaa said...

You two honestly have the CUTEST kids!!! ava is absolutely gorgeous and luke is the cutest baby ever!!!

grace also got her parents' sweet tooth, and i have no idea what to do about it! half the time i think i should just cave and let her have all the candy she wants, just to get it out of her system. and then the other half i just force my vegetarian hippie food on her and tell myself she'll live longer for it :) i'm quite sure neither method is the best...but it's all i got :)

Rachel said...

That clown looked creepy.

Elise said...

I failed to mention that that clown was Pennywise from It. He even talked like him! he was creepy!