A week or two ago, I noticed some little buds. The tomatoes and peppers, as you can see in the picture below, were already little plants,
Isn't he cute? Too bad I can't remember exactly where I planted what. So he's either a bean or a pea or even possibly a squash. I guess I'll have to wait till some sort of vegetable grows to know. Or anyone who knows their plants, leave me a comment and enlighten me.
And now a week or so later, things are getting a bit cramped in my little garden. Apparently I planted too much. It was kind of on purpose. All the seed packets were advising certain dimensions and such and also to "thin" to the 3 best plants or something. I figured the more I planted, the more likely I'd have plants to "thin". And I also planted too much because I don't know what I'm doing.
I guess I also need to get some cages or poles so these plants can grow up. For example, this little guy (again, not positive what he is) has grabbed onto his neighbor.
I think if I had something for him to hold onto, he'd grow upwards instead of strangling his friend.
And as for the pots, they are doing well, too. I didn't realize how much things had grown until I looked at these pictures of them right after planting.
Here's the cilantro and basil right after they were planted,
And here they are now. MmmMmm, I can smell dinner already!
And here are the strawberries right after they were planted,
And here they are now,
Nine months ago, another little seed sprouted,
He has gotten bigger,
And bigger!
He is still tall for his age, though not quite so pronounced at 29". He weighs 19 lbs, 5 oz. and he has another set of ear infections. In all honesty, I'm not sure they ever completely went away. He's got a new antibiotic which appears to be working, but if this infection hangs on like the last one, I think it's time to talk tubes.
He is still the sweetiest cutie with such an easy disposition. In the car the other day, I overheard Ava say to Luke,
"Baby Luke, you are so cuddly and softy and good". And she's right!
4 comments:
You grow'em good! Love to see the growing pictures. They are nice perspective for Moms and gardeners.
I love it! What a good little gardener you are turning out to be! I can't wait until we'll be around somewhere long enough to plant some things! Love the pics of Luke too!!
-Melissa
Like I've said a dozen times...you are a great blogger! Always interesting and entertaining to read and look at. I will never be a blogger and that's okay with me. Anyway, now I really want to plant some veggies and herbs! Oh and when we saw you at church I told Jordan that you had made Ava's dress and you were my inspiration, so now he needed to buy me a sewing machine. As you can imagine, he just rolled his eyes. :)
I am sooo jealous of that garden!!! Isn't it exciting? Keep us posted on the cilantro - it's one of my favorites - and actually the only fresh herb I've ever used. I wonder if I could grow it here in Utah. I bet Dan is so impressed!
Darling pix of Luke too.
Post a Comment