My Guppy has become a Goldfish and will swim 2 days a week for April, and then taper down to once a week, for our budget's sake.
These were all taken before she saw that I was there. As soon as she spotted me she just stopped and stared. I didn't want to be a distraction so I quickly ran out and everything else is filmed through the one way mirror. Or two way mirror. Or the one way window. Or whatever it's called.
If this video works, it will be a miracle. I don't know how to do all this computer stuff.
I forgot to charge our video camera prior to this last class (which is the only time parents are allowed on deck) so I had to film with my camera. And since it's through the window/mirror it is very grainy.
If this video works, it will be a miracle. I don't know how to do all this computer stuff.
I forgot to charge our video camera prior to this last class (which is the only time parents are allowed on deck) so I had to film with my camera. And since it's through the window/mirror it is very grainy.
I filmed too much and ran out of room on the memory card to show her go down the slide or retrieve the rings from the bottom of the pool. Here she is working on her back float. Mr. Rudy kind of "tosses" her into the water and she is learning to turn over to her back, this back float is what everything else is based on. And it teaches even the littlest swimmers how to survive if they fell in the water.
Dan thinks this particular video is not the best representation, but now that I know I can film her, you may have more opportunities to see her stuff.
Now when she gets out of the pool and gets her lollipop, she still is very excited and gives me the run-down on each event in the lesson, "Mommy! I blew bubbles and went underwater and and and got a ring and even climb a tower and and and and I went down a slide and got a lollipop and and and, Mommy, I'm so proud a you." She cracks me up.
3 comments:
Wow - the video worked perfectly! I'm amazed at how grown up and confident Ava is. And I absolutely LOVE her modest tankini/skirt swimsuit. Do they come in my size????
I am really excited to see the progress. Ava doesn't even look worried. I still remember when Mom tried to teach me to float. I didn't look anything like Ava.I saw more of the bottom of the lake than the sky.
How fun! Emma loves to look at Ava's swimming video and her pics! Congrats Ava!
Post a Comment