We had our appointment with the ENT today. And as we left we talked about an appointment for getting tubes in his ears.
She said he had a lot of fluid still in there, prescribed some more antibiotics to hopefully stop his ear drum from rupturing (that was the direction it was headed apparently)
They did a hearing test as well. What an interesting experience. For the past few weeks I have been telling Dan that I don't think Luke is hearing very well. He didn't believe me. But this test today was eye opening.
When the doctor came back to tell me the results. All she said was, "His hearing is terrible!" (but she was nice)
She said something has to be done and if anybody needed tubes, he does. She also said that she thinks the hearing loss is completely reversible, thank goodness. But that, again, something must be done. I am completely on board with the tubes. I am tired of my baby being sick and always feeling crummy. I just want him fixed!
A few days ago, we had in impromptu cracker-face photo shoot. When I see the pictures all together I think it gives a really good illustration of Luke.
11 comments:
I'm so glad you saw the ENT and glad that Luke will get the help he needs. And what a wonderful collection of photos. He is a beautiful little boy. Or should I say handsome? I miss all of you and look forward eagerly to your visit.
He is such an amiable little guy in the midst of all his ailments---I can't wait to see him feeling good!
I love the photo collage of Luke. I just cannot believe how old he looks. His Birthday is coming up too. I just remember you and I this time last year with our big bellies and talking about how it would be with two kids. Now I can't remember how it was without them. I hope you get things sorted out with his ears. I wish we saw you more. Love you TONZ!
I love your babies. I know you do too. How soon do you and Luke get relief?
I'm with everyone else about the tubes and relief and Luke's amiable temperament but really I wanted you to know that your pictures are great! The composition or each one and collection as a whole really shows off his cuteness and personality. Great photography work!
Oh, and I was looking at the pictures of Luke and wanting to see a comparison picture to you as a baby. Can you post that?
Tubes, please. I'm glad you're going in that direction. Poor baby Luke! Tell Dan to believe a Mother's intuition, LOL.
Those pix are so dang cute!
Poor Luke. :( I want to eat his little piggies in that foot pic. It's my fav.
I'm so glad she thinks the hearing loss is irreversible. I have a blog friend who found out not too long ago that her two year old has a partial hearing loss -enough that he will have to learn sign language.
Sending my love to all of you and baby Luke!
Whoops. I meant, I'm so glad she thinks it IS reversible. :)
What a little cutie!
Post a Comment