Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Whine, Birthday, The Grounds

Whine
So I really want to write the next installment of the trip recap but I'm so ornery right now I just have to complain or something. I feel like rolling around on the floor and crying or screaming at the top of my lungs. But I don't have much of a voice so that probably wouldn't be too satisfying. And we wonder where Ava gets it from?

But our lack of car is making me crazy! We need to get out of the house during the day but obviously we can't. This means that I've done the stuff that needs to be done during the day at 10:00 at night for the past few nights.

Monday night was the 10:30 pm trip to the grocery store.

And yesterday after we'd dropped Luke at the babysitters and stuffed the 3 of us into the truck with no AC and driven part way to the repair shop to pick up the car that was supposedly fixed, Dan got a call on his cell phone from the receptionist saying, "Never mind. You're car still doesn't work".



Turns out that it does work but they actually put in the wrong type of transmission. Now we have a 6 speed Corolla (which is actually good and we didn't have to pay extra), but they don't even make those in America. So all they need now is a new stick reflecting the different shift pattern. Fingers crossed it's done tomorrow.

Then last night I drove 100 miles, while Dan put the kids down, to go test drive some vans, only to realize upon arrival that I didn't have my license with me which then resulted in "test rides" instead of "test drives" which, to say the least, was not what I had in mind.

So, I'm kind of tired.

My kidlets are driving me bonkers and I will probably continue to feel their wrath from our travels for the next few days.

I am having some sort of allergy problems or possibly a cold.

I've had something stuck in my eye for nearly the whole day and it hurts.

Luke is cutting 6 teeth right now.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me.
Deep dark depression, excessive misery.
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

(10 points if you know that song)

Birthday

While we were in Utah we had a little dinner and cupcake celebration for Luke's birthday.




He wasn't all that happy about it. It's hard work turning 1.

Just look at him push through the tears and eat his cupcake. What a trooper.


And if anything can make a 1 year old boy feel better, it's a Tonka truck you can ride on!



Thanks, Grandma Linda and Grandpa Don!

The Grounds

The backyard there at Grandma and Grandpa's house is a little paradise. Because it backs up to the golf course it feels so open and the way they've redone it makes me feel like we were in a park.

No humidity, and real grass. I was so anxious for my little ones to touch their bare toesies on the grass. Look at this velvety green goodness! We miss that in Texas with the crunchy crab grass and fire ants.

And the playground set-up is awesome.


It's a perfect place to hunt for snail shells (Just don't eat the snail poison and give your mom a heart attack, Sweet Lucy!)


Also a perfect place for brothers to throw around the old pigskin. Or the Nerf.



Next up: The Lake and Fireworks

8 comments:

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Well I'm glad for the happy accident with your car. If it's going to be miserable at least you got a bonus for it. I'll call tomorrow and leave a Scholes chorus on your voicemail of the song, we definitely know it.

Val said...

Oh how I love the reality in this post....the raw emotion of it all! Aren't you glad that your misery can at least entertain your virtual audience??

By the way, could you please ask Dan's parents if I could move in?

Jill said...

All I can say is a big fat AMEN! You make me laugh and moan in complete understanding--how true it all is!

abbott said...

Sorry about your car. It is miserable to be stranded. WE have been stuck at the house and the kids have been feeling it, not because of the car, but because mom had so much to do. Today we might go swimming, I think we all need it. Are you really getting a van? Hopefully you'll get the car today!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Bless your heart! Wish you lived closer and you could drive OUR car! But then again, if you lived closer...I could play with your kiddies all day! :) So, the answer to all your woes is to move back to Kentucky!

dishes and laundry said...

I'm first with the song!!! It's the old Hee Haw song, right?? I grew up with grandparents and we watched Hee Haw together. Also, All in the Family, Maude, The Jeffersons, and The Tonight Show w/ Johnny Carson.

Sorry for all your troubles - I remember those days well. We went for a bit as a one car family. Hope things look up soon, and that you get that thing out of your eye. How buggy!

Leah said...

As a one car family still, I can only empathize. Unfortunately, that does nothing for your reality. Chandra, maybe we can conference call her, because I know that song too! And do call me, I don't really want to hear you scream but you can whine to me any time!! Love you bunches!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Sorry to hear about your car. There are times that bad luck comes all at once. But then reward. I love the backyard at your in-laws. You just make me laugh so much when you wrote you wanted to have an episode on the floor. Man there is sometimes when I which I could to that too.