Ava seems to be growing up right before my eyes! Next week she will start preschool (if I can get her vaccinations all squared away!) and she is excited.
She said a few things I want to remember.
Yesterday, while I was otherwise occupied in the bathroom, I could hear Baby Luke fussing for more food in his high chair. Ava was talking with me and I asked her if she would go and give him some more Cheerios. And she said, "Shore. It would be your pweasure."
I wasn't positive what she said and I clarified, "It would be your pleasure?"
"Yes, it would be your pweasure to get Wukey more Cheerios." And she trotted away to help her brother.
Luke is a very loving little guy who likes to lay over on people and give hugs, and wet slobbery kisses. We were sitting the floor when Luke walked over, sat down right beside Ava and leaned his head onto her shoulder. Ava said, "Aaaaawwww!"
Then he sat up and patted her legs. "Aaaaawwww, Wukey, you lub me!"
Then he leaned over onto her lap, "Aawwww, Wukey, I lub you!"
The other night I got home from somewhere and Dan said that Luke had been trying to kiss Ava over and over. The next time I uploaded our pictures I could see that he had taken some.
I was excited and thought they were so cute.
Then as I looked closer I saw that he actually took some video too. It's a bit dark and perhaps only entertaining to me or a grandma, but if you are so inclined, enjoy!
I'm so happy he thought to get out the camera!
Luke is also doing a lot of growing. He's an easy going kind of guy, who plays well and entertains himself. But he also loves to run around after the big kids. And 98% of the time, he's just a lover, not a fighter, but lately more Ava-like pieces of his personality are showing through.
Though she usually does very well, sometimes Ava reacts loudly when Luke tries to swipe something from her (writing that just reminded me of a totally different story I must write down, too). And now Luke is beginning to "squawk" back at her. If she yells when he tries to take something, he just yells right back.
And he hates getting his diaper changed. He always tries to roll and squirm and get away. One time, Dan was fussing at him to stay still so they could finish the job. When it was finally done, Luke crawled away as fast as he could, stood up, turned around, gave Dan a dirty look, and said, "SQUAWK!" (he didn't say squawk, it just sounded like a squawk) as if to get the last word. It was hilarious.
So when he's in one of his funks and you take something from him, or tell him no, or basically do anything he doesn't like, he just screams. It seems like this attitude has slowly crept out of nowhere. It must be in their genes, and unfortunately, I think they got it from me.
There has been a lot more funkiness around here than usual as Luke's been working on 6 teeth for the past little while. The 4th one poked through yesterday. He has been having trouble sleeping.
He woke up from a nap cranky, snotty, crusty (the glue coming off his eye), and still tired. I did what any responsible mother would do and gave him a lollipop.
Which made him noticeably more agreeable.
Then he stole mine.
And hopefully, his few little teeth won't be rotten before the rest of them decide to show up.
8 comments:
I'm coming over so I can get one of those big slobbery kisses----it will be my pleasure!!
Lots to catch up with you girl. I love Ava and Luke is a so cute indeed. I love seeing them and I'm not their grandma or anything like that. I just love seeing the love between sibilings. It just mealts my heart.
As I watched the video, Ellie came to stand by me. She sighed a big sigh and said, "I just love Ava!"
She still talks about Bear Lake and the fun time she had with her cousins.
We miss you guys!
cute post! my Abby is doing that EXACT same thing with the squawk/scream, so i can totally picture Luke "getting in the last word"
Your kids are adorable, your blog is awesome, and i, too, have thought at least a million times that if we lived closer you and i would be bosom buddies. Perhaps someday those fire ants, cockroaches and INSANE humidity will drive you to a much milder climate, with real winters and summers, and LONG autumns and springs. Just forget about your awful airport experience--you're the ONLY person in the world that's ever happened to :)...here's hoping!!
Emma is starting preschool too, can you believe our girls are old enough? Wow! I loved the video of Luke kissing Ava, too cute!
I love your blog, but I especially love seeing joy between siblings. And who wouldn't love kids with loads of personality (even during diaper changes).
I am getting more excited everyday to come see you and get my share of those kisses!!
That's so funny...whenever my kids are cranky, talking snotty to each other and giving me crusties. I give myself a lollipop. You're right - it does make everything better.
Post a Comment