Monday, August 4, 2008

Random Stuff, most of which is inconsequential

I guess that implies that most of what I write on here is consequential which is not the case. But you knew that already.
So we went up to Lake Conroe for a little overnight getaway. Our friends Tiffany and Andrew were generous enough to let us stay at their condo with them (thanks, guys!). Unfortunately, when we arrived and I went to pull out my camera, I found the case was empty. Bummer.

We did have a fun time though, hanging out and playing in the pool. The only bad part of the weekend was that when we returned home, we could see that Sophie had inadvertently been shut in our bedroom while we were gone.

And any of you who have had the unpleasant opportunity to be familiar with cat pee, know how I am feeling about now. The stuff stinks to high heaven and it does not come out! My mattress is soaking with enzymatic cleaner but I am starting to think we'll have to throw it out and buy a new one. And I don't even like that cat. And I really liked my bed.




Anybody want a free cat? She's nocturnal, hates children, is litterbox trained (except when shut in a room without one), and she's free. Anyone?


Luke would like a dog. He needs a dog. Whenever he's hangin with Mr. Cooper, he just lays all over him, and leans in for snuggles and hugs. It really is cute.



Look at these lovelies I bought myself from the grocery store last week! On sale for $3.99! I had to have 'em!



Look at this nasty, very hungry caterpillar eating away in my garden. I'll have to do a separate post about the sad state of my garden, but just look the size of him!


And it looks like Dan has come down with the same stomach bug we had last week. Poor guy, he took such good care of us so I guess it's time to return the favor. He's home from work today and tomorrow the office is closed for the Tropical Storm headed our way. Ever since the false alarm (in our area) that was Hurricane Rita, I've have a hard time getting worked up about these.

And lastly, what do ya think of this skirt?



I made it the other day and it is not what I was planning. I'll need different fabric for that idea I think. But I think I like this? Do I like this? Do you like it?

8 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

Not the mattress!!!!! Oh no, that is horrible! I'm so sorry - and mattresses are freakin' expensive.

Get better soon, Dan.

Thumbs up for the skirt!

Double thumbs up for a dog.

Leah said...

We have a free cat too! What a coincidence! Let me take the opportunity to advertise here: one black male cat, not nocturnal, hates kids, litter box trained (except when he misses) and makes a great alarm clock (as long as you want to get up about 6:00am). Free to a good home or obo.
And I vote for a new mattress altogether!

i i eee said...

If you want to find Sophie a new home, it's Craigslist! Just make sure you include an adoption fee with the whole package, or else people will claim that you don't care what happens to her. Just make sure to state the "must have no kids" part. :)

Kellie said...

If you want a dog instead, my visiting teaching companion's dog had puppies a few weeks ago. They're cute chiuawas (spelling? anyone?), not freaky looking ones and best of all, they're free. Let me know if you're interested. They'll be ready to go in about a month and a half to two months.

Don and Robin Cooper said...

I love your skirt! I'm not a cat person but love dogs-couldn't give me a cat. Poor Dan, hope he feels better and I hope the weather won't get too bad for you guys.

You can always come to KY! :)

abbott said...

My girls would definitely take a cat. Unfortunately, their mean mother refuses to have a cat. But she did let them have a dog.... I think she get some points for that.

Val said...

hahaha! With that advertising I don't know who WOULDN'T want Sophie! It all goes back to the first time we hung out and we asked if you had any pets and you said "No." After a strange glance from Dan you then quickly retorted "Oh wait! We have a cat." Such love. :)

I'm so pleased to see my brown baby posing with Luke. Too cute. When I get my super sweet camera those two will be some of my first shooting subjects!

As for the skirt... Just like everything else...you amaze me! You just grab clearance material, sit down and create!

PS- Hope Dan is better. And please don't get a chihuahua. Get a real dog. Dog's that fit in your purse don't count. :)

Mat, Chenae & Jackson said...

Oh my...! Ah Sophie...I think you guys are doomed to spending a long life with her:). Maybe you can sell your mattress and sophie as a package deal.
and i'm impressed with the skirt.