
It's no secret that Ava is a Daddy's girl.
She drove this point home again this past week.
Let me set the stage:
Monday 7:30pm. Luke's already in bed. Mom, Dad, and Ava sit on the family room floor for Family Home Evening.
Dan begins a lesson on families being together forever. He talks about the temple. He asks Ava, "Where did mom and dad get married?"
"The temple" she replies.
He explains that when she grows up and falls in love with someone, she can marry him in the temple, her reply was, "but I'm gonna marry you, Dad"
We chuckle and continue our discussion. She begins talking about how she is going to wear a certain dress and have a crown AND a veil because she will be a princess and she goes on and on and on.
Finally, hoping to just make one simple point and feel like she retained it through all of the princess blabber, I was holding her in my lap speaking with our faces close together. I was trying to give a quick summary and hoping that when I finished I could ask one question like, "what can you do so we can be together forever?" and she might give us a clear answer so we could reassure ourselves that she at least learned something and our FHE efforts were not in vain.
But, as I made mention again of her marrying someone when she grew up, she stopped looking into space, stopped talking about her princess accessories, looked me dead in the face and said,
"You can find somebody else, I'm gonna marry Dad."
6 comments:
So what's it gonna be...ldssingles.com...eharmony? Good luck with that, though I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone better than Dan.
Seriously, that story is priceless. Must, must be told at her wedding reception.
I love Ava. She is the sassiest, coolest chick ever. I wanna be like her when I grow up.
That is so cute and priceless! She is such a doll.
sooo cute...don't ya just love when FHE goes just like you planned! :)
Tara was/is a daddy's girl...it can't be helped. It just is. How sweet when little girls want to marry their daddy. Adorable and also such a compliment to Dan.
Post a Comment