Halloween came and went and I find myself here on November 11th not knowing what exactly has happened the past week and a half.
Dan went to London for a business trip. He had fun. He even went out by himself and took a tour on his last day there. We were both proud of him because he doesn't often do that type of thing alone. He also got to fly first class and was so spoiled. It will be a stark reminder of reality when he flies with me and the kids to Utah this Christmas. I wanted to go with him so badly. We decided "maybe next time".
Here is is with the kids right before he left. I thought the picture turned out kind of neat. You can see Dan's aura radiating from him.

Once he walked out the door, the kids got on the futon to wave out the front window. Then Luke got "the look" in his eyes and wanted to wrestle. I couldn't resist taking some pictures and after quickly looking at them I realized that Dan's "aura" was really a fingerprint.

Anyway, while he was away my friend Stephanie came from New Hampshire to visit. It has been over 3 and a half years since I've seen her. She brought her little baby along. My parents came down to visit/help and as my mom was helping us get everyone buckled into the van, she commented about how Stephanie and I used to ride around together all the time but did we ever imagine ourselves riding around with all this extra cargo?

No we didn't. I think we have both changed a lot since our days together. I do know that even though I am not the same person I was then, I would not be the person I am now, without the friendship she gave me in high school. I hate to think what I would be like if I hadn't had her in my life.
Dan is home. Stephanie is gone. The kids are calming down. Things will revert to a routine. It's funny how just a little chaos can make you really appreciate the things that seem mundane.
3 comments:
Too bad you couldn't go with him! Looks like you had fun anyway!
I enjoyed being with you this week!
Glad you survived the chaos and can enjoy the mundane. May the chaos next time be the chaos of first class travel to a destination location with your hubby. (old Abbott toast:)
Post a Comment