
This weekend the kids even had to snuggle under the blanket together.

It's about time, seeing as how it's the end of November.
And then finally, Dan had his Friday off, took the kids away, and I just cleaned my little heart out. I don't know what it is but I really enjoy cleaning and do my best work when I'm alone in the house, and I can turn up the music and just go to town. Okay, maybe I do know what it is. Maybe it's the fact that seeing the house get messed up faster than I can clean it is discouraging.
I find myself following Luke around picking up the trail he left, singing, "Messmaker, messmaker, make me a mess!" to the Fiddler on the Roof tune.
While I was cleaning, Dan took Luke and Ava to get Luke's blood drawn. Earlier in the week we paid a visit to the allergist. The "prick test" did not give us the necessary answers. It showed no allergy to fire ants (which is almost certainly a fact), though we did discover an allergy to dust mites. So a blood test was ordered. Hopefully the answers will be revealed and save my baby from inter-dermal testing.
For now we will keep our epi-pen nearby, give daily doses of Zyrtec, and wash the linens and stuffed animals weekly.
And speaking of Luke, he learned another new trick. This is a bold, new, gravity-defying trick that scares the heck out of me.
A few days ago, the kids were playing in the backyard. I send them out there in the afternoons fairly often, to get a head start on dinner or just get things cleaned up. And usually when they head out, I notice how beautiful the sunlight looks on their smooth little faces and silky hair and before I know it, I'm out there snapping pictures instead of keeping house. And really, how many pictures do I need of the same two children in the exact same location? Thousands, apparently.
Anyway, Luke wandered back into the house and when I peeked in to see where he'd gone, I found him like this.
That is a chair he pulled to the counter from the table, to climb upon to reach this,
And now I am finding him propped up to the counter or the sink on a chair he has dragged out for the occasion. He's just one slip away from stitches and a concussion. This boy cannot be trusted. Where should I keep the kitchen chairs? How do I baby proof this?
6 comments:
What a little dare devil Luke is! I think he and Brooklyn would be best friends.
So I'm shopping for double strollers and saw the picture of yours. Is that a BabyTrend? What do you think about it? Any drawbacks? I have the single jogging stroller in that model and it's great, just doesn't fit 2 kids.
I remember the days of pushing two kids in a stroller at Katy Mills with a friend. Why do the first two kids do fine, but the kids that follow refuse to sit nicely while I get excercise? That little sneaky Luke. If he wasn't so darn cute you could actually get mad at him for a minute for his shenanigans! Instead kissing those sweet cheeks seems in order!
I'm thinking bicycle helmet or hockey gear. Think it comes in his size? Only my last likes to ride in the stroller. It has been so long since I gave up trying to exercise with my kids I forgot it could work I'll have to make a new resolution.Love ya.
Oh I wish I could tell you what it is, Lori. It says "The Right Start" on the sunshade. I bought it off of Craigslist for $35. The handbrake is broken and it's just plain old. But it totally does the job for us! I love that the sun shade ratchets all the way down so if you're walking into the sun you can still shade the kiddies' eyes. And I hate that the front wheel won't swivel. Hope that helps!
What about like that commercial where the mom wraps the kids in bubble wrap before sending them out to ride their bikes? Maybe you could invest in that company:) Noah was never really a climber-despite what you are thinking-so I didn't worry a lot about this but in reality, what I hear from moms who have kids like this, well, try and teach them to be safe and aware and good luck. There is no stopping them now!
And I love that last picture of him, there is just something about it.
He's a boy, that's what! AJ was a little climber at that age. I had to stack the chairs on the table. of course that was back in the day when we only had 2 chairs with our table. I don't know what I'd do with 6 chairs?!
Post a Comment