Friday, January 23, 2009

Be Still My Beating Heart

I opened my front door yesterday for arriving guests and found this:



Do you know what is in that box?!





Happy Birthday to me is in that box!






This past December, I made Mom's Christmas present per her request. And I never posted it's picture. So here it is. A bag to carry her stuff for church.


And then I worked on some matching pajama pants for some of my friends kids. And as I worked, I really, really, really wished for a serger. And I thought about many of my sewing escapades in the past when I really, really, really wished for a serger.



And so without further ado, let me present my birthday present from my husband and in laws (THANK YOU!!)



My new serger.




And now I must go see if I can figure out what this means.


10 comments:

Leah said...

Happy Birthday to you again! And good luck! Someday you are teaching me all you know, you know that right?

The Katy Daileys said...

Awesome! I am right there with you wanting one. I am so glad you got it! Can't wait to see some of the cute things you make with it! :):)

Lee said...

That sounds really neat. No clue what it is, but it sounds like the equivalent of dinner with Bronco Mendenhall for Dan.

Lulu said...

I'm so excited for you. I know you will love it and will wonder how you got along without it. I think the keys to learning how to use a serger are patience, persistence and reading the instructions. And have fun with it.

Jill said...

So thrilling...I've heard that you never want to rethread it...so pick a good color...just kidding. I am excited for you! It is so fun to have stuff that makes life better/easier!

Leslie said...

I'll be waiting for my new wardrobe!

Lori said...

Wow! You are so crafty!

emilyaaa said...

are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!??! that is awesome!!!! there have been so many times when i would have just LOVED to have a serger....and now i'm just gonn have to fly to TX to use yours!! yipee!!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

WOW what a nice gift! I am envious of your talents!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Hapy b-day Elise! I'm so glad you got a good surprise. I bet you are going to be an expert with that new sew very soon.