Saturday, May 2, 2009

Change of Plans


Just to be clear, I do not have the swine flu. My hatred was fueled by the fact that its very existence led to the complete CANCELLATION of our cruise. In Carnival's efforts to rearrange schedules and itineraries to avoid Mexico, they had to cancel 2 cruises, and we were unlucky enough to be on one of them. They did give us a refund. Though, needless to say we were all very disappointed.

I could not even type the words "canceled" and "cruise" in the same sentence until we had completely figured out something to do instead, because we are going on vacation next weekend. And we are going to have fun. No stupid flu is gonna stop us! Hopefully.

So having less than one week to plan a vacation for 4 is kind of exciting, but also pretty difficult. But after discussions and searches, we have reserved ourselves a condo on the beach on South Padre Island off the coast of Texas.


And it's not a cruise, but it will still be fun!

7 comments:

Val said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray for last minute vacation planning! I can hardly wait to sunbathe my big-a booty on that beach!

Lara said...

Oh, how FRUSTRATING! I'm glad you have a consolation trip though.

Jill said...

I'm glad you guys still get to go. I hear South Padre is heaven! I hope you all come back gorgeously tanned and well rested!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

You are going to love it. It's not a cruise but you are going to have your love ones and the beach to make a big laugh of that stupid flu.

dishes and laundry said...

That place looks awesome! You'll have the best time!

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Have fun and relax. It doesn't really matter where you are. It matters more who you are with and it sounds like you have good company.

Leah said...

Time with Dan, your best friend, and no kids? Sounds like a winner to me:)