Tuesday, June 30, 2009

As Steve Miller says,

"You're such a pretty lady. You're such a sweet girl. When you dance it brightens up my world."


Today was the last of 4 sessions of ballet/tap.




I would say that Ava has come a long way, but she hasn't. Really, once a week for four weeks is fun but not too substantial.


Ava was SO excited to take "bow-way". SO excited. I told her she got to take tap as well. But she wasn't too thrilled with the idea and expressed her desire to focus solely on "bow-way". Luckily she became fond of tapping and stomping and clapping after the first class.

And let's just say, tap seems to be much more up her alley than the graceful movements of plies and pointed toes.

But all that really matters is that she had fun, right?! And she did love it! Her favorite part had to be the "outfit". Especially the ballet shoes.



Luke, on the other hand was never very thrilled with sitting in the studio for an hour. And I was never very thrilled with his nearly 40 pound body mass, wallowing all over me as he fussed and cried to "GO!"

My photographic opportunities were severely compromised this morning as I had to hold a screaming, heavy Luke in one arm and my camera on the other.

But here she is performing their tap routine.


"We got to be stars today, Mom!"


Playing her jazzy pretend trumpet,


And here is where I'm thinking she might be more suited for basketball, like her old woman.




Ava loved Miss Susie, her teacher.


Even Luke enjoyed the show.


And I haven't decided whether or not to enroll her in the next session or not. She would love it, I'm just not how much more wallowing I can handle.



Based on how much she enjoyed the classes I shouldn't read too much into this but, even as her career as a ballerina has barely gotten started, she's already hung up her shoes!

6 comments:

Val said...

That top pic of Ava is so cute. I love her little no teeth grin. Holy cannoli, Ava's got air! That girl can jump! Did you notice in one pic that you are right there in the mirror with your camera? Made me miss you, little mamarazzi....

Castaneda 5 said...

So cute! I love the tu tus! Join us at Becky's! We have great teachers too. Sign up for Miss Kathy. All the kids love her! Gabby's enrolled for her Tuesday at 10:30am class starting in August.

Leah said...

I love the post and the pictures but all I can keep thinking is, the term is 'old lady' not old woman. Isn't it? Anyway, just remember I have a silly gerbil and we love you guys!

dishes and laundry said...

Ava is right_it's all about the outfit. (from Aunt Wendy, who spends more time choosing her tennis skirt than practicing her serves)

Leslie said...

The purple tutu is perfect!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

She is adorable...I bet you were just like her when you were little!