Does this photo remind you of any character from a movie?

Am I strange to be reminded of Elijah Wood in Lord of the rings?
Between the shaggy hair, the big blue eyes, and the dirty face, I think he could pass for a hobbit.
And secondly, I had to write down something Ava said in church last week. During the sacrament, when things were particularly quiet, in her loud voice (whispering has not been mastered), Ava says for me and the surrounding four rows to hear,
"Mom, when Jesus Christ sees us being kind does he make Santa Claus give us presents?"

Also, we had a really great weekend with my parents down here for a visit.
We made Dan this shirt for his father's day present. He loved it. I hope I can keep adding hand prints to it with each new addition.

And having two dads to celebrate with is a good way to go! We are lucky to have Mom and Dad so close!
While they were here, Luke got a much needed haircut.

He needed a haircut reeeaaaal bad.

I know I have written about how much he detests getting his hair cut before, but if it is possible, his hatred has grown. A lot.
Such a conniption of screaming, flailing, and caterwauling has never been displayed. If you were only listening from another room, you might be sure we were performing torture of the cruelest kind.
If he only could have held it together for a minute or two, we could have ended it much sooner. Instead this dragged out into a two part process of horror.

But I think the end result is pretty astounding given what we had to work with!
And now that I am finished with the random stuff, I am thinking I'd just be better served to accept that this was enough to qualify for it's own post and start new, but I'm not. I'm just going to tack this on right here...

I have been feeling very fortunate that we have been staying busy and not feeling too lonely. I guess we have plenty going on because, again, we didn't need all of the activities I had planned.
We did make Peanut Butter playdough and it was a hit!

I am wondering if I made a little mistake by making this edible stuff. Luke has had few encounters with playdough and I'm worried that he will now think all playdough is edible, though I am sure after one bite of salt dough, he'll reconsider.

Raisins and Cheerios make super nice decorations

and it feels good to squish them in.

One other random tidbit, Dan surprised me with a new lens. I'm still figuring it out, but I think I like it!

And in the queue this week, even though I'm sure we won't get to them all:
making regular playdough
Making baked doughnuts
shaving cream and food coloring
3 comments:
You are such a creative Mommy...and you are right, you don't always have to "plan" something, they seem to make their own fun!
I want to come play at your house! I love Luke's haircut too-though I feel your pain, I really do. I promise to testify on your behalf if CPS is called. Or maybe you are smart and cut hair inside so the neighbors don't hear!
Oh my gosh...Lukie looks WAY too grown up with that haircut! I'm about to cry...I love his long shaggy locks :( Why must you groom him? It's a shame. Staying in good form with the post itself...on a completely unrelated note...did you use your new lens for the raisin/cheerio pic? I'm lovin it. Wish we could get together and play camera. Lastly, I can't believe I've been forced to read the blog to catch up on your life. I'm supposed to be right there while these pics are being taken... not seeing them at the same time as the rest of the world. Not fair. Now I'm cranky.
Post a Comment