Just like Luke, Max reminds me of a puppy. A little puppy that's gonna be big. Like a young St. Bernard whose over-sized paws let you know that it's just a matter of time before he will be gigantic. And at 5 and a half months old and 18 lbs, Max is my biggest baby yet.
His reaction upon hearing how much weight he'd gained:
He is such a happy and social little guy. He couldn't care less about toys dangling in front of him, all he needs is somebody to look at him. And if they smile or talk that's just an added bonus.
He gets a little fussy when he's tired and he has no patience when he's hungry, but other than that, he is HAPPY! The screechy, giggly, drooly, kind of happy!
And that's why it breaks my heart to see and hear his celebration of life interrupted by the surprise of shots. I hate myself for about 30 minutes after each set of vaccinations, but try to remember it's for the best.
He has taken to his bottles and is sleeping like a pro.
Ava and Luke are still happy with their little brother and are such good entertainers. Even though this picture makes them look very somber, I just like it.
They love to smile and talk to him and that has come in handy so many times, especially when I am trying to get dinner on the table or take a shower.
Luke has been talking a lot more.
"Dis Macks"
"Dis Macks hair"
"Give Macks tiss"
My happy little camper is now a sobbing, sore legged mess. I like to remember him in happier days:
We are going to Sea World this weekend and we're really looking forward to it. It is our first family vacation to a destination other than to see family. We love to see our family, don't get me wrong, but this is a trip purely for a trip's sake. We've heard really great things about Sea World and our hotel looks really cool too. Hopefully, my low-adaptability, high intensity children will not be too strung out to enjoy it.
8 comments:
This is killing me. I must see him again soon. And you and Dan and Ava and Luke too. But mostly I NEED to hold this giggling ball of baby flub.
Just came home from the pediatrician and couldn't "amen" you more fervently. Can't wait to see you this summer, but totally understand the family vacation vibe. Sea World sounds AWESOME! Have fun!
Have fun this weekend! And give that baby a kiss and cuddle from the aunt he hasn't ever met! (I am sure he would enjoy it more from a known entity anyway:)
We love Sea World! I hope you guys have tons of fun! What a cutie! He weighs as much as Madelyn! I love his giggles and smiles!
I love his giggles and smiles - what a doll! He will be 8 months when we finally get to see him - I can't wait.
Sea World is wonderful - the kids will love it. Love the "low adaptability, high intensity"...I've got one of those too!
Have fun at sea world! You are so obviously a great mom!
I've always loved puppies!
Oh-h-h-h! I want to see this baby Max up close! When are you coming this way?
Post a Comment