Saturday, September 24, 2011

Spiritual Bunnies

Firstly, Thank you! Thank you for all your advice! I really appreciated hearing the thoughts of some moms currently in the biz.

I never actually made it to buy a doorknob thing, though that was my plan. My jump rope worked great! I learned that trick from my brother, who growing up, used to wait until my mom would leave on an errand, put me in my room, and then tie my doorknob to the one across the hall, and leave me there until my mom returned home hours later. When he heard the car he would hurry and untie it. I'd run to my mom traumatized, where she would brush me off in disbelief. Some people think it's so easy being the baby in the family. Sure, I was spoiled but I put up with my fair share of torture to deserve it.

So, drawing on my otherwise useless store of experience, I remembered that old trick. And once Max figured out that escaping the crib didn't mean he'd be able to get out of his room, he stopped climbing out at all.

I will breathe a sigh of relief again and hope this battle is not revisited anytime soon or ever. But if I've learned anything being a mom, it's not to hold my breath.



So here's a picture of my new hair cut:


I'm still getting used to the wind on my neck, but I am starting to like it. At first I thought maybe I'd made a big mistake, but it is growing on me.


And here's a picture of our baby bunnies. There are three and they are the tiniest, softest, most precious little bunnies. They are getting pretty big though and one almost jumped right out of the nest when we peeked in the other day. I am guessing it won't be long until they are ready to go out on their own.



You can't exactly see them very good because my camera has not been easy to work with and I'm not sure how or where to get it fixed. I'm trying to convince Dan that this is the perfect opportunity to upgrade. Although in reality I'd much rather spend any extra money on lenses instead of a new body.


Tonight was the General Relief Society broadcast. President Uchtdorf speaks with such power while remaining very light and uplifting. When he first stood up at the pulpit tonight I knew it was going to be good.

After moving it always takes me a while to feel like I fit. This move has been no different. But almost a year later, on some days, I feel just as out of place as I did the day I moved in. I have felt lonely and insignificant. But tonight, an apostle of God reminded me that I am not forgotten. And the spirit with which he spoke hit my heart hard. I am loved by the Supreme Creator of the Universe and so are you. I might feel inconsequential and I might even be inconsequential to most people, but I am not forgotten.

Heavenly Father sees me and delights in my small successes. I can only strive to be someone who helps others feel that same love. I couldn't help but think of times I have been able to serve in the church and as I was set apart to do a certain job for a certain group of people, that the love for those people, ones I didn't even know yet, immediately filled my heart. I remember thinking and even saying to them, I know that God loves you, because He has made me love you. And if He loves them, He must love me too.

After the meeting, as we mingled around refreshments, I felt my phone vibrate in my purse. When I got to the car and pulled it out expecting to see a message from Dan, I found that I had a voicemail from my friend. My best friend from high school, Stephanie, who came out to Utah to college with me and then joined the church. We had been texting throughout the day about random things like cannoli's and haircuts. But when I listened to her message she said what she wanted to tell me didn't have anything to do with those things. She said she loved me. She said thank you for bringing her to the church. And she said thank you for being her friend.

I am not forgotten.

5 comments:

emilyaaa said...

your haircut is so cute!!! You look beautiful! And i love what you shared about Stephanie!!
i love your blog, thanks for posting!!

The Katy Daileys said...

Cute new do and thank you for your insights. Inspiring as usual!

Bebe McGooch said...

That's so awesome to hear about Stephanie!

I love the hair! You look like one hot mama!

Lori said...

I LOVE your hair! And I love you and Stephanie. That was such a fun year we all lived together, one I will never forget!

Tara said...

so super cute!!! love!!