let me just say that I hate Daylight Savings.
Coincidentally (or not) Max started waking up at the booty crack of dawn a week or so ago. We went through this with Luke a few times. He'd wake up early (4:30am, anyone?) for weeks at a time. There wasn't much we could do about it but endure. And then, just like that, he'd resume his regular sleep schedule and we would all be happy again.
So Max wandering into our room at 5:00am last week, really only made us groan and grit our teeth as we planned to wait it out.
And then Daylight Savings came along. We tried to compensate by skipping naps and staying up late, but to no avail.
So Sunday morning when it felt like the day should have been nearly over, we looked at the clock, saw it was 8:30am, and I wanted to cry.
A few days out, Max is up around 5:30am, the other two are kicking by 6:00am and Armageddon hits by 6:15am. Just because they're all awake doesn't mean they're all well rested and/or happy.
The only thing that makes up for it is the fact that from 5:30 to 6:00, before the other kids come down to complain that they cannot stand to watch it one more time, I can put Toy Story on for Max,
and this is what I see before I sneak back to my bed to squeeze out the last few drips of sleep in preparation for what feels like a 18 hour day.
3 comments:
Well, at least that last picture is absolutely priceless. So adorable.
But this post reminds me that I need to get to bed soon, since I'll be up again in a couple hours. Hooray.
So glad I saw the pic of Max and Woody~ I had (tried really hard) to make/sew a Woody doll for Q and then he got over his obsession with Toy Story much too quickly. After you posted about Max liking it so much I was about to throw my pathetic Woody in a box and ship it to you, but the one he has is MUCH cuter! ;) Also, you really need to take pics of the things you've done to your house lately and post them...I wanna see!!! I can see a glimpse of something cute and colorful above your fireplace in that one pic...it's killing me, I need more!
Just keep reminding yourself that one day you will sleep through the night again, Rachel! I feel for you.
And Val, your Woody doll would be welcomed here. If Max doesn't want it (yeah right) then I'll sleep with it and snuggle with it and think of you!
I can't envision the day when I will be done with my house projects, though I can envision what it will look like when I am. And once I get a room all the way done, I will give you some pictures. Sadly right now, it's just pieces of different rooms. But don't you worry, I am working, working, working!
Post a Comment