I am 15 weeks now. This time around there are many, many similarities, though overall I would have to say that this pregnancy has been slightly milder than at least two of the others. I can feel the sickness waning and I find myself on the couch every afternoon, under the control of some other entity, where I remain until I can force my eyes open again an hour later.
I truly have no inclination as to the gender. At first I openly wanted another girl to round things out. But as the weeks passed, I kept picturing my new little baby boys, and realized that actually, I would give my left arm to have another one of those. That realization combined with a convincing conversation with a friend, led me to convince Dan, that we won't find out the sex of the baby beforehand because whatever it is, it's exactly what I wanted!
Technically, my regular pants still fit. But they do not look good. It was time to choose a direction--over or under, cause through the middle wasn't doing me any favors. I bought a new pair of maternity jeans, and they were just what the doctor ordered. I am looking forward to having a baby pooch as opposed to displaced organs and fat pooch that I am sporting now.
Without fail, as I've left the OB's office each time, I step in the elevator to go down to my car, I start to cry as I get overwhelmed thinking about the little body floating in there and the heartbeat I just heard. There's really a baby in there!
But as I mentioned, it's not sunshine and butterflies all the time. Our life is still running a little more roughly, and we've all lowered the bar. But it's good. Or it could be a lot worse.
And now, the crappy phone picture recap. The past few weeks highlight reel:
With the big ones in school everyday, Max and I have been getting a lot of QT together.
I took the whole gang to Hobby Lobby, The Three Musketeers: Max, Buzz, and Harry
We've also had some time that was not so quality, for example the floured living room:
We've celebrated two birthdays:
And if you are wondering if layering ice cream sandwiches with whip cream, caramel, chopped up reese's cups and another layer of ice cream sandwiches, whip cream, caramel, and chopped up reese's cups tastes good, the answer is yes.
There 's been cowboy bonding over the ipad:
Max refuses to nap and consequently falls asleep at random times and places:
And after last weekend's garage sale, we are one step closer to parking Dan's car in the garage. But it was Ava's cookies and rice crispy treats which brought in the most profit.
4 comments:
I love how Luke looks in that picture with your Dad. I'm excited too! :)
Lovely days---calm before the storm.....
Lovely days---calm before the storm.....
I have wanted to see your painted furniture ever since mom mentioned it...and I am excited for your new baby too..and your new jeans look great (which really means you must be looking pretty great!)...and Ava looks so grown up in that last pic! I love you!
Post a Comment