Monday, December 23, 2013

Our Twelve Years


We're working long hours at work and home.

We're teaching, raising, loving, and caring about four crazy, beautiful children.

We're living without an upstairs furnace and tackling all kinds of uncharted handyman/woman waters.
(Fixing said furnace is not one of them.)

We're making our list of things we'll miss about Texas.

We're getting ready to be separated while Dan begins work in Denver before the kids and I move.

We're cleaning up messes and doing dishes.

We're staying up late watching our favorite shows together in bed, trading back scratches.

We're sharing a Saturday night take out dinner on a dirty kitchen table because we can't find a babysitter.


After 12 years, this is what we look like.




This life is not glamorous.

This is life.

A good, good life.

And this is love.

The happy things are happy.

The hard things are hard.

The beautiful things are beautiful.

I wouldn't wish to share them with anyone else.

And I wouldn't wish to change it at all.

Even the furnace.

Only because it gives us one more reason to snuggle.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love you guys!

Dan said...

Happy Anniversary!! And the furnace situation ended up way better than expected.

Val said...

I love, love, love this. :)