Thursday, November 5, 2015

Halloween 2015






Originally we were planning a Wizard of Oz Halloween.  Luke wanted to be the Tin Man, Finn was going to be a lion, and I somehow convinced everyone else be the scarecrow, Dorothy, and Toto (Jack didn't need much convincing).

But as Halloween approached, Luke's interest in the Tin Man began to wane.  Slowly the plan fell apart as everyone came out with what they'd really like to be if their mom wasn't forcing them into a theme.  


So I let it go, and we had the perfect random cast of characters.  





A bat,




 a witch,







 a lamb, 





Clark Kent, 








and a lion.








And we had a great time.




Sometimes it feels like we're celebrating Halloween for a week between all the different activities. But I guess that's not all bad.



Max seems to attract the ladies.  Here he is with one of his "admirers" and best friends, Kamryn.  And on the other side is one of his other best friends, who also happens to be his 2nd cousin, Connor.




Finn was not feeling this picture, obviously.  But  like any good mother, I forced him into it with his best little friend, Mercedes and his 2nd cousin friend, Matthew.



I had planned to recycle Finn's Yoda costume from last year for Jack, but I couldn't find it.  So at the last minute I grabbed this lamb costume from a classifieds site.





He hated the hat but forgot about it as long as he had a lollipop.  The only time he was reminded was when access to his mouth was blocked. 




We threw in some Max birthday celebrations along the way and it made for some fun times.


Pumpkin carving,








And a spooky dinner,














opening presents, 



And we capped off the night with Trick or Treating, and it was a perfect night.




No comments: