Marriage is not the epitome of love, it is the school of love.

As I've mentioned before, on that long drive to Dallas I was reunited with my country music cd's. There was a lot of mention of cheatin' and cryin' but also of lovin'. It had seriously been YEARS since I had spent any length of time listening to that music. It really took me back to the pre-Dan days because when he came along, my music selection drifted to a more classic rock genre. But that's a different story.
Anyways, it was shocking how new these songs seemed to me even though they were old. And here comes the cheesy part...Since the last time I had listened to those lovin' songs I had truly found my real love. I listened and sang along and I couldn't help but think all about Dan. And it really was like hearing them for the first time. I could identify completely with them now, as compared to before, when I had yet to discover Dan and LOVE.
Here's some of what my country music friends had to say in reference to and in honor of our 6th anniversary:
"We're two of a kind, workin' on a full house."
Love,
Garth Brooks
"If you get out in the drivin' rain, stand in the eye of a hurricane, and you never think twice. If you turn your back on selfishness and your thoughts are for some one else cause they've changed your life, that's how you know it's love. That's how you know it's meant to be, when the span of forever just never seems long enough. That's how you know it's love."
Love,
Deanna Carter
"There's a long line of folks givin' up on love. Too many hearts get broken in the push and shove. I'll believe in you for the rest of my life. Baby, lovers like you and me will never say die."
Love,
The Dixie Chicks
"It's like just before dark, jump in the car, buy an ice cream and see how far we can drive before it melts kinda feelin'. That's how your love makes me feel inside. There's a cow in the road and you swerve to the left. Fate skips a beat and it scares you to death and you laugh until you cry. That's how your love makes me feel inside."
Love,
Diamond Rio
Dan, you have been so good to me. When I am happy, I think of you and when I'm sad, I think of you. I want to be with you always. You give me confidence and love. I have to be with you for eternity because that's how long it will take to give you all my love. Happy Anniversary!
You are
my soft landing,
a generous heart,
an optimistic mind,
a man without guile,
mine.
Love,
Me
a generous heart,
an optimistic mind,
a man without guile,
mine.
Love,
Me
3 comments:
This is Dan --- Thanks Elise, that was really sweet. It has been a great six years...I love you!
Awwww, that makes me cry a little bit. You guys were made for each other - so happy for you.
Very cute post, Elise!
Happy Anniversary!!!
Elise,
How cute are you! I love it. Joe would kill me if I professed my love on the blog. It made me tear up, you are so sweet. Dan, you are a lucky man!
Post a Comment