Sunday, March 16, 2008

BYU vs. Texas A&M?

Who will we cheer for? I'll give you one guess.

Please click on this picture to see it in it's full glory. He wants you to know he was making this cheesy face on purpose.

What a fantabulous weekend we just had. But I hate it when one little thing is out of place and it gnaws at me, not letting me completely enjoy myself. Ava has had some "regression" (read accidents) with her potty training skills. Cue the moms with all the reassuring comments. I could really use them.

I think it has almost everything to do with her swimming lessons. And having the outside eyes of Mom and Dad and Dan actually view what she does in a lesson and agreeing that her tasks are actually pretty stressful makes me feel a little better. But I hate to think that something I am putting on her is causing her such stress even if she does enjoy them. This is her last week of everyday classes and then she will move into a once a week class.

I think this may be the beginning of watching my children do hard things and as a mom just letting go and allowing things to happen. Of course, if her reaction gets extreme or she really resists, then I will exercise my right to swoop in like a big Mommy Bird and snatch her up to safety. But until then I am trying to let things play out. I am a bit like Nemo's daddy.

On a lighter note, Mom and Dad and Mimi's visit was too short. I always think that though. We enjoyed each other and accomplished some things too. The largest of which was re-mulching the front yard. Extra hands make hard work easier! Thank you so much, Mom!

It's not too often you get to hang out with your great-Grandma. I love that they had this chance. Ava and Mimi made some corn muffins together.



Mimi also brought her a new coloring book and they tried it out together,


We did a little window shopping, some organizing, some mulching, some swim lesson watching, movie viewing, basketball cheering, and malt drinking.

And Mimi might be Luke's biggest fan,

He kind of likes her too, and her necklaces of course.

These guys are pretty cute together too.


Going on a walk in the stroller,


And 4 generations of lovely ladies,

I miss them all already! Thank you for coming! We love you!

And we are really looking forward to our next batch of visitors!!

4 comments:

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Regression is totally normal, my kids standard response to stress good or bad. Now my kids tend to be anxious and emotional so we have a few things we do to help. Encouragement! Really has helped the most. It should be phrased in a "You" format. "You really worked hard" "you were really brave" "You are really good at figuring things out" but then you may already know this from your school so I'll just tell you we have had good results with it. Wish I could have been there for the visit. Tell Ava I love her.

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

PS. Who won the game?

Elise said...

Thank you, Chandra! That is a great point of the "you" format. Can't wait to see you!

And the game is actually later this week. It's the NCAA tournament so they just announced the brackets on Sunday.

Love you!

Leah said...

I was jealous knowing that you all were together and I was missing it! But I also know you enjoyed it enough for all of me too!
Ava's hair is getting SO long! But then, don't all princesses have long hair?
Love you guys, can't wait to see you in person!